Filter Statistics 0.9.9 is now available!

Alles, was mit Plugins für Spamihilator zu tun hat. (Keine Plugin-Hilfe, Plugin-Bugs oder Plugin Feature Requests, siehe jeweils dort.)

Moderator: Forum-Team

Filter Statistics 0.9.9 is now available!

Beitragvon Bob Loeffler » 11. Nov 2004, 04:22

Hi all,

I have just posted version 0.9.9 of the Filter Statistics plugin to Spamihilator's Plugins/Add-Ons website (in the Add-Ons section).

There are several changes/additions in this version. Here is some text from the latest filterstats_ChangeLog.txt file:

- (11/10/04) Updated the Help files with new pictures and some text.

- (8/21/04) Added the log file starting and ending dates to the graph dialogs, General Statistics dialog and the output log file. If the starting date might not be correct (because of orphaned mails), there will be two asterisks (**) next to the date. (Thanks Andreas_Z and others!)

- (7/26/04) Added a "General Statistics" button to the settings dialog and removed the "Log all statistics data to output file only..." option. (Thanks Atomschlag!)

- (7/24/04) The plugin will now translate "(none)", "(Friend)" and "(Blocked Sender)" to other languages. (Thanks Andreas_Z!)

- (7/24/04) Updated the German language file. (Thanks Michel!)

- (7/24/04) Updated the German Help file. (Thanks Michel!)

- (7/24/04) Added a warning message to the Reset button. (Thanks Andreas_Z!)

- (7/20/04) Added a "General Statistics" button to the graph dialogs and
removed the "Display General Statistics dialog" option because it was confusing. (Thanks Andreas_Z, Tom and Atomschlag!)

For known bugs and a complete change history, please see the filterstats_ChangeLog.txt file which is put into the \plugins folder upon installation.

Regards,

Bob
English Spamihilator FAQ - Spamihilator questions and answers in English!
Author of these plugins and filters: Attachment Extensions Filter, Empty Mail Filter, HTML Links Filter, No Comment! Filter, Plain Text Links Filter, Scripts Filter, Unclassified Filter, Export Senders Plugin and Filter Statistics Plugin. See the details here!
Bob Loeffler

Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Re: Filter Statistics 0.9.9 is now available!

Beitragvon Andreas_Z » 11. Nov 2004, 08:26

Hello Bob Loeffler!

Super. It immediately tried. I still found two little things. The warning message after operate the delete Button of the statistics file still is in English. Here could stand: "Die Datei filter.log wird gelöscht. Sind Sie sicher?". The second thing is the text of the filter file delete Button. It is too long. The word "Löschen" is shorter than "Zurücksetzen". The meaning is correct nevertheless.

Thanks for this super Plugin. :D

Regards from Germany,
Andreas_Z
Core i7 3,4 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Win7 64bit SP1, GDATA Bussiness 11.0
Exchange-Server 2003, VM mit WinXP Pro SP3.
Spami-Online-Hilfe, Spami-FAQ, Anbuva's FAQ
Andreas_Z
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Perfect, like always

Beitragvon Atomschlag » 11. Nov 2004, 16:22

Once again, great job, Bob! Your Plugin is getting better and better. Would be cool if it would be integrated into the Spami - installation routine, and all your other plugins too :-)

Ah yeah, now that I'm talking about your plugins: Have you ever thought about creating one megaplugin of your 4 spamfilters (EmptyMail, Script, Links and NoComment) ;-) :?:
Atomschlag
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Beitragvon Gustl » 11. Nov 2004, 18:18

Hi Bob!

Nice improvments! Your tool has become a frequently used plug-in. With its use I have cut down my plug-ins to the ones I really need! One translation faux-pas in the German version: The time/date span that you display at the top of the graphics shows

Von [date] zu [date]

it should be

Von [date] bis [date]

But I like the date display anyway!
Gustl
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Beitragvon Bob Loeffler » 12. Nov 2004, 02:33

Andreas_Z hat geschrieben:The warning message after operate the delete Button of the statistics file still is in English. Here could stand: "Die Datei filter.log wird gelöscht. Sind Sie sicher?".

Hi Andreas_Z! Thanks for the translation. I tried to translate it with Google.com and it didn't look correct. :-) I have put your translation in the language file for the next version. You can do it yourself by editing the filterstats_german.spamihilator.language file.

The second thing is the text of the filter file delete Button. It is too long. The word "Löschen" is shorter than "Zurücksetzen".

The word on the button should already be "Löschen". Does it say "Zurücksetzen"? If it doesn't say "Löschen", then your filterstats_german.spamihilator.language file didn't get updated with the new one that is located in 0.9.9

Regards,

Bob
Author of these plugins and filters: Attachment Extensions Filter, Empty Mail Filter, HTML Links Filter, No Comment! Filter, Plain Text Links Filter, Scripts Filter, Unclassified Filter, Export Senders Plugin and Filter Statistics Plugin. See the details here!
Bob Loeffler

Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Re: Perfect, like always

Beitragvon Bob Loeffler » 12. Nov 2004, 02:38

Atomschlag hat geschrieben:Would be cool if it would be integrated into the Spami - installation routine, and all your other plugins too :-)

Hi Atomschlag!

That is Michel's decision, but I think he has too many things to do already. :-)

Ah yeah, now that I'm talking about your plugins: Have you ever thought about creating one megaplugin of your 4 spamfilters (EmptyMail, Script, Links and NoComment) ;-) :?:

Edy Hinzen's "Hercule" filter does some of the things that mine do, so I don't know if making my 4 filters into a megaplugin would be worth the time. ;-)

Regards,

Bob
Bob Loeffler

Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon Bob Loeffler » 12. Nov 2004, 02:43

Gustl hat geschrieben:With its use I have cut down my plug-ins to the ones I really need!

Hi Gustl,

I'm glad the plugin is useful to you. :D

One translation faux-pas in the German version: The time/date span that you display at the top of the graphics shows

Von [date] zu [date]

it should be

Von [date] bis [date]

:-) Yes, I knew it was one or the other.... so I guess I chose the wrong one. :-) I have fixed this in the language file for the next version. You can do it yourself by editing the filterstats_german.spamihilator.language file which is in the \spamihilator\plugins folder.

Thanks,

Bob
Bob Loeffler

Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon Andreas_Z » 12. Nov 2004, 08:48

Hi Bob!

Bob Loeffler hat geschrieben:The word on the button should already be "Löschen". Does it say "Zurücksetzen"? If it doesn't say "Löschen", then your filterstats_german.spamihilator.language file didn't get updated with the new one that is located in 0.9.9

Ähhh.... In the filterstats_german.spamihilator.language file the Word is corret. There stands "Löschen" (Reset=Löschen). But in the GUI it is not displayed. :cry:

Regards,
Andreas
Core i7 3,4 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Win7 64bit SP1, GDATA Bussiness 11.0
Exchange-Server 2003, VM mit WinXP Pro SP3.
Spami-Online-Hilfe, Spami-FAQ, Anbuva's FAQ
Andreas_Z
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Gustl » 12. Nov 2004, 17:37

@ Bob

Thanks for the info. I changed all translations that I thought were wrong.

Yes, I knew it was one or the other.... so I guess I chose the wrong one.

Yeah, for a non-native speaker I can see that you might as well flip a coin on this one... :wink:

I also made a suggestion for your "needs to be translated" line:

#This needs to be translated!
This will delete the filter log file.\nAre you sure you want to delete this file?
=Dies löscht die Logbuch-Datei.\nWollen Sie die Datei wirklich löschen?

@ Andreas_Z

Ähhh.... In the filterstats_german.spamihilator.language file the Word is corret. There stands "Löschen" (Reset=Löschen). But in the GUI it is not displayed.

Don't worry, that can be changed if you edit Edy's HerculeFilter.german.language

Change
Reset
=Zurücksetzen

to
Reset
=Löschen

Go figure...
Gustl
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Beitragvon Chactory » 12. Nov 2004, 19:27

Hello Bob, thanks for this outstanding feature. Please don't feel offended when I list two requests here. Please excuse my miserable english, I hope you can understand the string of ideas anyhow.

Within the general statistics, there is missing the datum of the beginning and ending of data analysis. Without that, in my mind, statistics don't make any sense at all. For example, in my wastebasket there are saved two false positives, marked with a yellow arrow for restoring, but in the statistics there are counted 22. I'm not able to understand why, partly because of lack of statistics datums. Perhaps I did't understand right the explanation of the reason for that, described by Andreas_Z in a post above, sorry. Nevertheless, I would request a date function for the statistics, e.g. "insert begin date" "insert end date", for that one can compare the statistic before and after a change within the settings.

The filter/filter statistics passage seems to process every mail / spam mail received since installation of the filter. Could't process this detail statistic the same amount of e-mails as it does the general statistic? This would rather be better in my eyes.

Thank you for reading this.
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
Neu: Inspiron 14 5000, Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 Pro 64 Bit
Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Gustl » 12. Nov 2004, 21:11

Die allgemeine Statistik ist nicht von Bob, sondern von Michel. Sie ist der Spamihilator.ini entnommen. Für Wünsche diesbezüglich musst Du Dich an Michel wenden. Aber ich glaube zum Thema Datum gibt es schon einige Anregungen.
Gustl
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Beitragvon Chactory » 12. Nov 2004, 22:06

Aha, ok. Danke für Deine Antwort. :)

Nach Michels letzten Äußerungen, daß er jetzt keine neuen Features mehr einbauen, sondern nur Fehlerkorrektur betreiben will, nehme ich nicht an, daß ich das Thema neu aufmachen sollte ...
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Gustl » 13. Nov 2004, 12:15

Ja, es gibt ja auch noch Semesterferien in 2005 und 2006...
Gustl
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Beitragvon Chactory » 13. Nov 2004, 12:27

Hallo Gustl!

:wink:

Gruß
Chactory
Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Gustl » 13. Nov 2004, 12:41

:lol:
@ Michel: :P
Gustl
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Nächste

Zurück zu Plugins: Allgemein