[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Spamihilator » Thema anzeigen - Spami and IMAP Special Folders

Spami and IMAP Special Folders

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

Spami and IMAP Special Folders

Beitragvon The Merg » 8. Apr 2014, 18:10

I was able to get Spamihilator set up and working with my IMAP email client (eM Client). It works for me, but I have one major issue. In eM Client, you can specify what the IMAP special folders are or have eM Client detect them for you (Sent, Drafts, Junk, Trash). Whenever I try to use Spamihilator, the mail client cannot seem to detect these folders. Thus, whenever I try to delete something or sent it to the Junk folder, I get an error that the folder cannot be created on the server.

Any thoughts on how to get this to work? I really, really, really need an anti-spam filter and Spamihilator seems like my best option if I can get it to work.

Thanks,
Merg
Today's problems don't worry me,
I haven't solved yesterday's yet.
The Merg
Power-User
Power-User

Re: Spami and IMAP Special Folders

Beitragvon Chactory » 8. Apr 2014, 23:03

Hello Merg!

Thank you for your question and for your friendly note. :)

Will it work, wenn you activate (check) the setting marked with a yellow arrow in the following image?
zwi-.png
zwi-.png (45.86 KiB) 16323-mal betrachtet

Kind regards,
Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon The Merg » 9. Apr 2014, 00:43

Hi Chactory!

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, it still does not work. While, Spamihilator is doing it's job, eM Client is not seeing the special IMAP folders when I connect through Spamihilator. I've included some screen shots of my setup.

This is the error I get when deleting an email:
Error When Deleting Email.jpg
Error When Deleting Email
Error When Deleting Email.jpg (58.93 KiB) 16319-mal betrachtet

This is the folder listing for an account with the correct special folders:
Correct Folder List.jpg
This is the correct folder listing with Special Folders
Correct Folder List.jpg (7.47 KiB) 16319-mal betrachtet

This is the folder listing for my account after Spamihilator is activated:
The Merg Folder List.jpg
The Merg Folder List
The Merg Folder List.jpg (13.4 KiB) 16319-mal betrachtet

You can see that there is an extra Trash folder and the Junk folder is not renamed to Junk E-mail as it is not seeing that as a special folder.

More to follow...

Regards,
The Merg
Zuletzt geändert von The Merg am 9. Apr 2014, 00:57, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
The Merg
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon The Merg » 9. Apr 2014, 00:44

Hi Chactory!

Here are my settings in Spamihilator:

Spamihilator Settings 1.jpg
Spamihilator Settings 1.jpg (166.78 KiB) 16319-mal betrachtet

Spamihilator Settings 2.jpg
Spamihilator Settings 2.jpg (143.12 KiB) 16319-mal betrachtet

Here is my setup in eM Client:
eM Client Setup.jpg
eM Client Setup.jpg (47.2 KiB) 16319-mal betrachtet

Using any other setting in the Port/Security Policy section of the eM Client setup makes it so that I can't connect at all. I've tried multiple combinations of Port 143/993 and SSL settings.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
The Merg
The Merg
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon The Merg » 9. Apr 2014, 00:59

I also noticed that when emails do come through to my inbox, I seem to only be getting the header. When I click on the email, it says that the body cannot be downloaded as I am not connected to the server and that it will download the next time I connect.

- Merg
The Merg
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Chactory » 13. Apr 2014, 16:22

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon The Merg » 20. Apr 2014, 17:01

The Merg
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Chactory » 27. Apr 2014, 10:44

Dateianhänge
qwen.png
qwen.png (44.86 KiB) 16221-mal betrachtet

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Skamandros » 11. Okt 2015, 10:35

I have the same problem and have unfortunately not been able to solve it yet.
Skamandros

Beitragvon Chactory » 11. Okt 2015, 15:42

Hi, and thank you for your question.
Is it with IMAP and em client, too?

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team