[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Spamihilator » Thema anzeigen - Status Window - also show the Mail Account name

Status Window - also show the Mail Account name

Haben Sie eine tolle Idee für eine neue Funktion?

Moderator: Forum-Team

Status Window - also show the Mail Account name

Beitragvon bob123 » 18. Mai 2008, 15:35

A request for enhancement in a future release of SPAMI...

I use Outlook Express, and have multiple email accounts from the same ISP server. When the SPAMI Status Window appears during incoming emails, it shows only the name of the Incoming Server which it is processing at the time. Since there are multiple email accounts on the same server, it would be nice if the Status Window, when checking the incoming emails, also showed the name of the Mail Account as it appears in Outlook Express.

That way the OE user would know which Mail Account was being serviced. Thanks for a great program.
bob123
User
User

Re: Status Window - also show the Mail Account name

Beitragvon Chactory » 18. Mai 2008, 22:16

Hello bob123!

Thanks for your contribution, full ack. I hope that Michel Krämer, the program author of Spamihilator, reads this. Unfortunately, his todo list is very long already, and he has to complete his master studies, too ...

Regards, Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon michel » 19. Mai 2008, 14:03

Hi!

I mentioned this at some other place already: unfortunately it's not possible for Spamihilator to obtain the account name as it is shown in Outlook or any other mail program.

Sincerely,
Michel Krämer
Chuck Norris doesn't kill Spam. He uses Spamihilator! ;-)
michel
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon Chactory » 19. Mai 2008, 19:47

Hello Michel!

Oh, sorry, I didn't remember ... :oops:

Gruß, Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Nightwatcher » 6. Jul 2008, 14:10

Hello Michel,

as I remember you have to config your account in outlook in the way "server&login". So you have to split the information at some point in the application to get the server name (which you show in the status window). At exactly this point you also know the login name. I think it would be a great help if you can show this login name in the status window (that should be possible, because you have to send the login name to the server, so it should be possible to display it)

Best regards,
Nightwatcher
Nightwatcher
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Dirk » 6. Jul 2008, 19:55

Hello,

Nightwatcher, I don't know what kind of login-names you have, but I have only cryptic ones (like dd464664654yxz@server.de, it's not my real one, no need to edit the posting), so I'm not sure, if your problem is directly solvable. Of course do I have "human-readable" account names (like myname@server.de) shown to the recipients of the mails and also shown in Outlook-Express, but these are not the logins requested by the servers. Also I get a status-window by Outlook-Express that shows me the real account-names when I receive mails. Therefore I personally don't see the need for a seperate Spamihilator-functionality.

Nonetheless, I still sometimes have a problem to read the training-area properly, which states the accounts (dd464664654yxz@server.de) but not the user-friendly real addresses (myname@server.de). This is off-topic, but I would like to see the real e-mail-addresses. If they cannot be extracted from the e-mail-program, then maybe it would be possible to edit them by hand, read a list with entries like "dd464664654yxz@server.de means myname@server.de". The problem for me is, that i run a PC that is used by the whole family. What looks like spam to me could be a "good" mail requested by another member of my family. Sometimes I have to look twice to make sure, that I'm not erasing a good mail (if Spamihilator didn't properly sort it in the first place, what of course not often happens anyway).

Once such a hand-edited, "translated" list of login-names and real e-mail-addresses (or user-friendly aliases) exists, also the functionality of the status-window could be enhanced without only showing cryptic login-passwords.

I guess only Michel can answer, whether this is possible. I can live without it, but it's one of the few real flaws I see in Spamihilator.

Cheers!
Dirk
Spam-Terminator
Spam-Terminator

Beitragvon Nightwatcher » 8. Jul 2008, 09:30

Hi Dirk,

in my case I have 10 out of 11 cases where the login name equals (almost) the email address, e.g. the mail address is somebody@somwhere.com the login is something like somebody#somewhere.com or the login is the mail address. So i thought it a good idea.

Regards,
Nightwatcher
Nightwatcher
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Chactory » 8. Jul 2008, 13:45

Hello Nightwatcher!

So do I. :wink: I have seven resembling mail adresses at Aol.

Regards, Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon michel » 9. Jul 2008, 16:14

Hi!

I think there are just as many people who have the same username for different POP3 servers as there are guys like you who have usernames that equal the respective mail address. So the only solution would be to display both, the username and the server, but there is not enough space in the status window for that. :/

Sincerely,
Michel
michel
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon Nightwatcher » 9. Jul 2008, 19:18

Hi!

Maybe it would be a satisfying solution if there was an option in the settings, where you can select what information you want to see: the server name or the login. That should solve the space problem and people like me, that have several accounts at the same server, can se the wanted information. On the other hand the other option is like it is now. It would be great if you could set the option for each account seperately (maybe in the mail config like "server&login&ShowAccount"

By the way if I haven´t mentioned it before: Spamihilator ist the best tool you can use for the purpose it was made!!! Great work Michel.

Regards,
Nightwatcher
Nightwatcher
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon michel » 11. Jul 2008, 18:55

Hi!

OK. I added this request to my , but as you can see, the list is already very long, so I cannot tell when this feature will be implemented.

Sincerely,
Michel
michel
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon Nightwatcher » 13. Jul 2008, 09:54

Hi,

thank you very much. I really appreciate it.

Best regards,
Nightwatcher
Nightwatcher
Power-User
Power-User

Zurück zu Feature Requests