Idea for the Training Area

Haben Sie eine tolle Idee für eine neue Funktion?

Moderator: Forum-Team

Idea for the Training Area

Beitragvon Bob Loeffler » 1. Dez 2006, 21:42

Hi all,

I have an idea for the Training Area. Sometimes I get e-mails that are marked as non-spam by the Learning Filter, but they should be spam. If I look at the Reason at the bottom of the window, it looks something like this:

Spam Words: mankind, highness, creditcarddebt / Non-Spam Words: yet, yes, we're, found, another

My idea is this: I would like to be able to click on one of the Spam words (e.g. "creditcarddebt") and tell Spamihilator that it is definitely a spam word and it should be added to the Spam Words Filter list (and removed from the Learning Filter's list).

Another idea would be: Since most of those Non-Spam Words should not be considered as spam or non-spam words, we should be able to click on a Non-Spam word and remove it from the Learning Filter's list.

This might be difficult to implement in the way that I specified, but maybe Michel could add a new control area to the SDK for the Reason section of the Training Area. For the Learning Filter, the new control area could have two buttons: one for Spam Words and the other for Non-Spam words.

In this case, when you click on the Spam Words button while you have an e-mail selected, it would pop up a list of the spam words that the Learning Filter found in that e-mail. The user would then be able to select one or more words and tell Spami whether they are: definitely Spam words, or really Non-Spam words, or whether they should not be on either list.

When you click on the Non-Spam Words button while you have an e-mail selected, it would pop up a list of the non-spam words that the Learning Filter found in that e-mail. The user would then be able to select one or more words and tell Spami whether they are: really Spam words or whether they should not be on either list.

Regards,

Bob
English Spamihilator FAQ - Spamihilator questions and answers in English!
Author of these plugins and filters: Attachment Extensions Filter, Empty Mail Filter, HTML Links Filter, No Comment! Filter, Plain Text Links Filter, Scripts Filter, Unclassified Filter, Export Senders Plugin and Filter Statistics Plugin. See the details here!
Bob Loeffler

Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Re: Idea for the Training Area

Beitragvon Chactory » 2. Dez 2006, 13:21

Hello Bob,

I do enjoy very much that you've posted another one of your always intelligent ideas. :) It could be very effective to join together the functionality of the Learning Filter and the Spam Word Filter.

Me too, since long time I have been missing a possibility to exert influence on the Learning Filter, particularly related to erroneous training.

With kind regards, Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
Neu: Inspiron 14 5000, Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 Pro 64 Bit
Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Bob Loeffler » 5. Dez 2006, 02:41

Hi Chactory,

Thank you for being so nice. I think my ideas are good, but they might be a pain to implement into Spami, especially because Michel is so busy with many other things. :) I wanted to write a plugin that would allow us to edit the Learning Filter's lists, but it would still be difficult for a user to know what to delete since there are thousands of words in each list after a short time of using the filter. So I thought my ideas in this topic would help, even though they might not be the perfect solution.

Regards,

Bob
Author of these plugins and filters: Attachment Extensions Filter, Empty Mail Filter, HTML Links Filter, No Comment! Filter, Plain Text Links Filter, Scripts Filter, Unclassified Filter, Export Senders Plugin and Filter Statistics Plugin. See the details here!
Bob Loeffler

Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Additional training area idea

Beitragvon benher » 20. Apr 2007, 22:39

Thats a great idea.

Perhaps an [empty recycle bin] button could be added to the training area toolbar?

The way I use the program...
1. clicking on the taskbar icon brings me to training area.
2. I then identify those spams that the learning filter mis-identified as good
3. mark them as spam
4. Next I scroll through the remaining emails to find any "false positives" (good mail marked as spam) -- maybe mark them as friends
5. then tell learning filter to [learn].
6. I then use the button to get to the recycle bin (up near the window close box)
6. And once there I just click on the [empty bin] button.

After a weekend it takes a while for either of the windows to display (long list of spams)...so having an [empty recycle bin] button in the training area would be very nice.
benher
User
User

Beitragvon Bob Loeffler » 24. Apr 2007, 04:08

Hi benher,

Yes, that would make it easier and saves a step or two. Maybe the developer will see your message and think about how he can make it better.

Regards,

Bob
Bob Loeffler

Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon michel » 25. Apr 2007, 15:41

Hi!

I think a "Empty bin" button in the Training Area is very dangerous. Some users not very familiar with Spamihilator, might think this button empties the Training Area and not the Recycle Bin! :shock:

Regards,
Michel Krämer
Chuck Norris doesn't kill Spam. He uses Spamihilator! ;-)
michel
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon Chactory » 25. Apr 2007, 18:13

Hello Michel!

Thanks for posting your opinion, and - thanks for refusing to implement that feature. Such a feature would only reduce the clearness of the Spamihilator windows functions.

By the way, usually, you don't need to empty the recycle bin window, anyway. You can set the days mails are kept in it individually. You don't need to open it whatsoever, because it's only for safety of data loss. Commonly you better carry out your corrections in the training area and leave the recycle bin closed.

Regards, Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
Neu: Inspiron 14 5000, Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 Pro 64 Bit
Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Bob Loeffler » 27. Apr 2007, 18:13

Hi Michel and Chactory,

Yes, you have good points. :-) We don't want anyone to be confused and delete the wrong things.

Regards,

Bob
Bob Loeffler

Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Zurück zu Feature Requests