New plugin: Outgoing Friends

Alles, was mit Plugins für Spamihilator zu tun hat. (Keine Plugin-Hilfe, Plugin-Bugs oder Plugin Feature Requests, siehe jeweils dort.)

Moderator: Forum-Team

Re: New plugin: Outgoing Friends

Beitragvon AlexV » 1. Sep 2011, 08:11

Unfortunately, due to a change in the way Spamihilator stores its friends list, Outgoing Friends is not going to be compatible with the new beta versions of Spamihilator (above 0.9.9.54).

Spamihilator no longer stores the friends in an ini file, but in a database. Unless it provides some way for an external program to add to the friends list, Outgoing Friends can't work. Sorry about that.

Alex
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Re:

Beitragvon anbuva » 1. Sep 2011, 19:05

Hallo AlexV!

:cry: very sad :cry:
Is there hope for a new version? :)

Regards
anbuva
anbuva
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Re: Re:

Beitragvon AlexV » 1. Sep 2011, 19:23

anbuva hat geschrieben:Is there hope for a new version?

Only if there is some programmatic way of adding friends to a running Spamihilator - which unfortunately I can't see right now. I don't think I can just open up the .db file with an SQLite engine and modify it while Spamihilator has it loaded, so I think any modification of the friends list would have to be supported by some sort of externally-accessible API from Spamihilator.

I'm open to other ideas or suggestions, though!

Alex
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Re: Re:

Beitragvon anbuva » 1. Sep 2011, 20:33

Hallo AlexV!

Thanks for your reply. I find very nice that you show interest in further development. My respect (even before your work). I hope that we get here, maybe even an idea or solution. Perhaps by michel?

Regards
anbuva
anbuva
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon michel » 4. Sep 2011, 10:30

Alex,

I'm very sorry to hear that this add-on won't work anymore. To be honest, I did not think about what could happen to external programs when I implemented that feature. Luckily there may be a solution: actually it's possible to change the SQLite database while Spamihilator is running. All you need is some way to tell Spamihilator to re-initialize its internal cache--i.e. to re-read the database. I propose to add a special window message, say WM_FORCE_REREAD_SENDERS or something like that. Your add-on could send this message to Spamihilator's main window whenever it has changed the database.

What do you think about that?

Bye,
Michel
Chuck Norris doesn't kill Spam. He uses Spamihilator! ;-)
michel
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon AlexV » 4. Sep 2011, 11:22

Hi Michel,

So Spamihilator doesn't lock the database while it is running, then? In that case, if you tell me I can modify the database file directly without causing instability in Spamihilator, then I will make that change. Even if Spamihilator doesn't pick up the changes until it's restarted, it's better than nothing.

Ideally, it would be nice to be able to trigger it with a special window message. I assume that would be sending it to the window with the class name "Spamihilator"? If you give me the details of the message to send, I'll make that change too. It should be harmless to send to a version of Spamihilator that doesn't support it, which makes things easier!

Thanks,

Alex
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon AlexV » 8. Sep 2011, 08:10

Here's an experimental version of Outgoing Friends that writes friends to senders.db, if present:

OutgoingFriends-0.6.exe

It does seem to do the job, but I haven't been able to test it as much as I would like as Spamihilator .59 crashes when using any of my plugins (except this one, which isn't actually a plugin!). I've got to go back to using an older version now, or suffer a whole lot of spam getting through.

Alex
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon Chactory » 8. Sep 2011, 21:52

Salut AlexV!

Thank you very much for updating the OutgoingFriends plugin! :D (Why isn't it a plugin?)

I think you could use Spamihilators newest version 0.9.9.59 unconcernedly with the current filters as are Newsletter Plugin, Rule Filter, Link Filter, DCC Filter, Attachment Filter, Charset Plugin, Spam Word Filter and Learning Filter (Bayesian).

À bientôt, Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon anbuva » 8. Sep 2011, 21:58

Hallo AlexV!

thank you :D

Regards
anbuva
anbuva
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon AlexV » 9. Sep 2011, 08:09

Chactory hat geschrieben:(Why isn't it a plugin?) [...]

I think you could use Spamihilators newest version 0.9.9.59 unconcernedly with the current filters as are Newsletter Plugin, Rule Filter, Link Filter, DCC Filter, Attachment Filter, Charset Plugin, Spam Word Filter and Learning Filter (Bayesian).

Hello Chactory,

It isn't a plugin because it doesn't work on incoming mail. I could make a sort of dummy-plugin, whose only purpose was to appear in the plugins list and launch the Outgoing Friends Configuration tool when you pressed the Configure button, but I didn't think that was really worth it.

The internal Spamihilator plugins you've listed work fine with 0.9.9.59, but none of the legacy (plugins folder, rather than plugins3) ones do without crashing, for me. That means a lot of spam that would be stopped by them gets through.

Alex
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon Chactory » 10. Sep 2011, 08:44

Salut Alex!

AlexV hat geschrieben:It isn't a plugin because it doesn't work on incoming mail. I could make a sort of dummy-plugin, whose only purpose was to appear in the plugins list and launch the Outgoing Friends Configuration tool when you pressed the Configure button, but I didn't think that was really worth it.
Ah bon! So in my way of thinking, it’s not a “filter”, but a “plugin”.

Yes, unfortunately, some of the well-proven old-established filters wouldn’t work with Spamihilator 0.9.9.59. As Michel Krämer uses the slogan “never change a running Spamihilator”, of course you are right to use the stable older version on your computer. For my part, I have decided to go with the current version, because I can renounce the good old filters for the benefit of the new main program and some new plugins. The filtering effectiveness is as good as it was before.

Cheers,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon michel » 9. Okt 2011, 11:24

Alex,

the new beta version 0.9.9.60 has just been released. You may now send a window message to Spamihilator in order to force it to reload the senders database.

Code: Alles auswählen
HWND hwnd = FindWindow("Spamihilator", "Spamihilator");
SendMessage(hwnd, WM_USER + 166, 0, 0);

I'd be happy if you could test that new feature.

Bye,
Michel
michel
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon AlexV » 9. Okt 2011, 11:57

Thanks. I've just tested it out. I had the Friends page open in Settings, then had my program add a couple of entries and send the message. I then started typing in the Search box to see if they'd been added successfully, and got a crash (I've emailed the dump file).

Windows then popped up a box saying that it had detected that Spamihilator had crashed, and was going to apply some compatibility settings to stop it from doing so again. Of course, it refuses to say exactly what those settings are, but doing some research led me to the registry key that holds the settings, and from there I can tell you that the setting applied was DISABLEUSERCALLBACKEXCEPTION. There's an article here about what it does: The case of the disappearing OnLoad exception – user-mode callback exceptions in x64

After restarting Spamihilator, with that setting in place, the crash no longer occurred. Or, given the explanation of the setting, I suspect the crash did occur, but was suppressed by the windows compatibility shim.

I hope this helps,

Alex
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon michel » 9. Okt 2011, 12:19

Alex,

Thanks for the feedback. It should work even without that setting, when you don't use the search box, but close the window and open it again. I will try to fix the crash though.

Bye,
Michel
michel
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon AlexV » 9. Okt 2011, 12:35

Hello Michel,

If you close and open the window, does it not re-read the database regardless of whether the message was sent? That's why I was testing it with the window open, so that the act of opening the window wouldn't invalidate the testing.

In any case, here is the updated version of Outgoing Friends that sends the message after it updates the database:

OutgoingFriends-0.7.exe

Alex
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Plugins: Allgemein