New plugin: Outgoing Friends

Alles, was mit Plugins für Spamihilator zu tun hat. (Keine Plugin-Hilfe, Plugin-Bugs oder Plugin Feature Requests, siehe jeweils dort.)

Moderator: Forum-Team

Re: New plugin: Outgoing Friends

Beitragvon AlexV » 25. Aug 2007, 13:28

Thanks for that, Add-Ons is a better place for it.

Alex
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon STEPHANKOENIG » 26. Okt 2007, 15:36

nice plugin, seams to work fine.

I do however have a small problem. When testing softwaredevelopments etc. I sometimes have to send e-mail to my own accounts. But this way they end up on my friends list and that of cause is trouble.

I would need a "Outgoing friends black list" ;-)

Also, does the programm check if I send mail to abc@domain.com if an *@domain.com is on the friends list ?
STEPHANKOENIG
Spam-Terminator
Spam-Terminator

Beitragvon AlexV » 26. Okt 2007, 19:19

STEPHANKOENIG hat geschrieben:does the programm check if I send mail to abc@domain.com if an *@domain.com is on the friends list ?

Sorry, no, it doesn't currently do wildcard matching. I thought that having abc@domain.com as an automatic entry would be harmless if *@domain.com was already an entry anyway, and it means I don't have to make sure my wildcard processing matches Spamihilator's exactly. Is this a feature you need for some reason?

STEPHANKOENIG hat geschrieben:I would need a "Outgoing friends black list"

That's an interesting idea, I might have a go at that this weekend. The exception list would be stored in Spamihilator.ini - I'll have to figure out where data saved with SERV_SETCONFIGVALUE is supposed to live, as that would be the right place to add custom data to. The configurator could then have another tab for an exception list. I suppose that really ought to support wildcards too.

Alex
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon AlexV » 27. Okt 2007, 12:40

OK, here is a candidate for v0.4, which includes an exclusion list and wildcard support. Please take a look at OutgoingFriends-0.4.exe and let me know if it does what you need. If it does, and I don't get any bug reports for it, I'll update the entry in the plugins database.

Thanks,

Alex
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon STEPHANKOENIG » 28. Okt 2007, 01:31

Thank you so much.

I am testing ...
STEPHANKOENIG
Spam-Terminator
Spam-Terminator

Beitragvon STEPHANKOENIG » 28. Okt 2007, 14:08

After installing and rebooting my system I can not send mail anymore.

emailrelay is running as a service.

when sending mail to emailrelay 1.6 I get the following error in my e-mail client:
unbekannter Fehler ist aufgetreten. Betreff 'ghj', Server: 'localhost', Protokoll: SMTP, Serverantwort: '452 message processing failed: authentication required by the server', Port: 24, Secure (SSL): Nein, Serverfehler: 452, Fehlernummer: 0x800CCC6C

My Server does not requite authentication from this machine. Also, I have tried all kinds of authentication. Nothing shows up in the server logs at all.

I asume it has to do with the upgrade to 1.6
STEPHANKOENIG
Spam-Terminator
Spam-Terminator

Beitragvon STEPHANKOENIG » 28. Okt 2007, 14:21

would be a good idea if one could start emailrelay so it would write a logfile. Maybe you could ad a switch ?
STEPHANKOENIG
Spam-Terminator
Spam-Terminator

Beitragvon STEPHANKOENIG » 28. Okt 2007, 14:34

0.4 with Emailrelay 1.5 works
STEPHANKOENIG
Spam-Terminator
Spam-Terminator

Beitragvon AlexV » 28. Okt 2007, 15:30

That is strange, that EmailRelay 1.5 works and 1.6 doesn't - I've been using 1.6 for a while here and it's been fine.

EmailRelay will write out logging information to the windows Application Events log, you can view this using the Event Viewer tool (under Administrative Tools in the start menu). The release build of OutgoingFriends starts in normal (non-verbose) logging mode though, so there might not be anything useful there.

I find it strange that EmailRelay is running as a service - are you sure? It is not supposed to be a service, just running as a normal application, but not showing any UI. It should appear in the Task Manager's "Applications" list, and should not be in the Services list at all... did you run the EmailRelay installer or something? The Outgoing Friends installer does not install it as a service.

If you want to investigate further, then here is a debug version of the configurator: Configurator.exe. If you replace your existing Configurator.exe with this one, then stop and re-start the EmailRelay server (this can be done from the Advanced tab), it will be started in verbose mode, with a UI (icon in the system tray). Double clicking on the icon in the system tray brings up an EmailRelay window which gives information about the parameters it was started with, and sending email should provide plenty of logged information in the Application log.

Alex
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon STEPHANKOENIG » 28. Okt 2007, 15:47

did you see my PM ?

Of cause its not a service, sorry.

I will debug further.

Also, could it be that the exclude is case sensitive ?
STEPHANKOENIG
Spam-Terminator
Spam-Terminator

Beitragvon AlexV » 28. Okt 2007, 19:59

STEPHANKOENIG hat geschrieben:could it be that the exclude is case sensitive ?

The exclude filter is not case sensitive because email addresses are not case sensitive.

I've sent you an email to discuss other issues further.

Alex
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon AlexV » 29. Okt 2007, 15:39

Version 0.4.1, fixes the case-sensitivity bug:

OutgoingFriends-0.4.exe
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon MichiD » 10. Jan 2008, 10:11

Hallo Alex,
zunächst einmal vielen Dank für Dein praktisches Plugin.

Mein Problemchen:
Da mein DSL-Uplink nun nicht superschnell ist, habe ich hier ein timeout-Problem bei großen E-Mails. Ich habe das Problem nun temporär gelöst indem ich die emailrelay Kommandozeile aus den Prozeßeigenschaften (Process Explorer) kopiert habe und die passenden timeout-parameter manuell hinzugefügt habe. (ich vermute, es ist das --filter-timeout, dessen defaultwert paßt ganz gut ins Fehlerbild)

Soweit also alles in Butter. Komfortabler wäre es natürlich, wenn Du evtl. in einer der folgenden Versionen von Outgoing Friends ein Feld für beliebige benutzerdefinierte Parameter für emailrelay hinzufügen könntest. Oder gar die timeouts konfigurierbar machst.

Nur so als unverbindliche Anregung :wink:

Viele Grüße,
Michi
MichiD
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon AlexV » 10. Jan 2008, 13:26

Thank you for the suggestion, I like the idea and will add the ability to add custom parameters to the EmailRelay command line to the next version, probably by next week.

I don't believe --filter-timeout is the right one to use, though, according to the documentation that is the timeout for the filter processing, and the Outgoing Friends filter processor should never take a long time to complete.

The parameters you want, if it is large emails that are not getting through, is probably "--response-timeout". If not, then "--connection-timeout" might work. If you are having a timeout problem for all emails, not just large ones, then "--prompt-timeout" could help.

Regards,

Alex
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon Duke » 10. Jan 2008, 20:17

Ok, the thread is alive at the moment and so I come in, too. 8)

I'm must run Spami as a Service because it's possible that someone
restart the system without logging in. Spami works with "Spami2Service" very well.

But if "Outgoing Friends" is included (btw. great plugin in my opinion :D ) with srvany it gets no connection to the
mailserver after a reboot. It is neccessary to login in Windows AND
restart "Outgoing Friends"-Service. Then it works fine. (Win2k Server)

Would it be possible to change this behavior so thats no problem to run "Outgoing Friends"
as a service too ?

Regards, Duke
Duke
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Plugins: Allgemein