New plugin: Misnamed Filter

Alles, was mit Plugins für Spamihilator zu tun hat. (Keine Plugin-Hilfe, Plugin-Bugs oder Plugin Feature Requests, siehe jeweils dort.)

Moderator: Forum-Team

Misnamed Filter v0.2

Beitragvon AlexV » 27. Feb 2007, 14:43

As promised, here is an updated version of Misnamed Filter. I will leave it available here for a few days, then if it looks stable I'll update the entry in the plugins database to point to it too.

MisnamedFilter-0.2.exe

Changes since v0.1:
  • Fixed bug with parsing email addresses with commas in the display name.
  • New "Simple Add" button in configuration dialog, allows addition of email address and display name without using regular expressions.
  • Installer now offers option to create start menu icons to Readme file and Uninstaller.
I haven't added anything for marking emails as Non-Spam if they match a valid display name for an address to this version. If anyone has an opinion on whether this would be a good thing to do or not, please leave a post here. If people generally thing it would be a good thing, I might put it in the next version.
Zuletzt geändert von AlexV am 27. Feb 2007, 16:21, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Re: New plugin: Misnamed Filter

Beitragvon anbuva » 27. Feb 2007, 15:36

Hallo AlexV!

Unfortunately, a fault has crept in in your Posting; the correct address should be well:
corrected Link

Thanks a lot, for this good PlugIn! :D

Regards
anbuva
Zuletzt geändert von anbuva am 27. Feb 2007, 16:36, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
anbuva
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon AlexV » 27. Feb 2007, 16:22

Hello anbuva,

How careless of me, thank you for pointing it out. I have corrected it in the post.

Alex
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Misnamed Filter v0.3

Beitragvon AlexV » 11. Apr 2007, 21:01

As requested, here is an updated version of Misnamed Filter for compatibility with Spamihilator v0.9.9.25. I will leave it available here for a few days, then if it looks stable I'll update the entry in the plugins database to point to it too.

MisnamedFilter-0.3.exe

The only change to this version is that it will now check the Spamihilator setting (in the registry) for whether to store settings in the per-user folder or the program folder, and save its configuration xml file to the appropriate place.

If you install it over an existing installation of 0.2 the installer should move the existing config file (if necessary) so that you don't lose your settings.
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon Chactory » 12. Apr 2007, 12:17

Thank you!
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon anbuva » 12. Apr 2007, 21:06

Hallo AlexV!

8) Thank you ! Good Work!

Regards
anbuva
Zuletzt geändert von anbuva am 22. Apr 2007, 10:54, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
anbuva
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Chactory » 22. Apr 2007, 00:43

Hi Alex!

Burkart hat geschrieben:Another thing about the RegExes: Shouldn't they be case-sensitive? Right now they are case-insensitive.

There is a problem with the RegExes that causes many false positive sievings as spam with my mails.

My real name is written Chactory Miller-Smith. My e-mail address is written chactory(at)mytown.there - some friends are writing my name like Chactory Miller-smith ore my e-mail like Chactory(at)MYTOWN.there ...

Regards, Chactory
Zuletzt geändert von Chactory am 22. Apr 2007, 12:08, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon AlexV » 22. Apr 2007, 08:09

Hello,

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand. This filter applies the regexes in a case-insensitive way, so "Chactory Miller-Smith" and "Chactory Miller-smith" should both be matched by the same regex.

Burkart has suggested that regexes should be case-sensitive, so that those two names would count as different and need different regexes to match them (or one regex specially designed to match both). My argument was that email addresses and names should be insensitive; your post serves as an example of why.

If you are getting false positive matches, then please try using the Test button in the configuration window. If it gives the correct result there, then it is a bug with the filter, and I will try and fix it. If it says it is spam in the test window, then there is some problem with the regexes for your name and email address.

In either case, if you send me the "Misnamed Filter.settings.xml" file, I can try and figure out what the problem is.

Regards,

Alex Vallat
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon Chactory » 22. Apr 2007, 13:27

Hello AlexV,

thank you for responding!
Maybe I have misunderstood the reason of filtering, like it's noted on the bottom of the training area?
I have watched false positive filterings, when kollegues of me didn't spell my name or my mail address correctly concerning the writing with upper or lower cases ...
By testing with your filter testing button, I have to admit, that it works case-insensitive there, ideed.
I habe sent over my "Misnamed Filter.settings.xml" file as a zip-file!

Regards, Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Mugros » 4. Mai 2008, 11:40

I noticed that the filter doesn't deal with encoded names.
It is a little bit ironic, but the Spamihilator forum sent me a notification with my name in encoded form:
To: "=?UTF-8?B?TXVncm9z?="
I added this string to the known names, but it would be better if the filter could deal with different encodings.
Mugros
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Beitragvon AlexV » 4. Mai 2008, 19:32

Thank you for the suggestion. If I can find any sample code on how to decode headers in that form, I'll add the functionality. Otherwise, I might get round to writing some myself, but given that RFC 2047 which defines the encoding looks like a complete mess and a nightmare to implement, that may not happen so soon.

Alex
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon Mugros » 4. Mai 2008, 19:38

I found some code in javascript here:
http://www.webtoolkit.info/javascript-base64.html
seems to work (encoded name in the demo is the same).
Maybe the code helps
Mugros
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Beitragvon AlexV » 4. Mai 2008, 20:12

Thank you for that, but it isn't the actual base 64 encoding that is the problem. Encoded headers like this can be byte-encoded in either base 64 or quoted printable, then further encoded in any named text encoding (in your example it happens to be utf-8).

What I have found is that there is an internal .net function which can decode these, but it is not made publicly accessible. I can put code in to force it to be called anyway, but as it is non-public it could easily stop working when the .net framework is updated. I'm considering using it anyway, but having it fall back to simply not decoding it if the function can't be found.

Alex
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Experimental version 0.4

Beitragvon AlexV » 5. Mai 2008, 10:41

Here is a new experimental version which adds support for encoded display names:

MisnamedFilter-0.4.exe

I'm not sure how reliable this is, but it should work. If it doesn't, it should fall back to the old behaviour of just using the raw encoded display name anyway.

Checks are made against both the raw encoded and the decoded display name, so if you already have rules which check against encoded names, they don't need updating. If you have the time, it might be worth updating them anyway, though, that way the display name will match however it is encoded. For example, a rule of "=?UTF-8?B?QWxleFY=?=" would only match if the incoming email had exactly that as the display name. A rule of "AlexV" would match against "=?UTF-8?B?QWxleFY=?=", and "=?iso-8859-1?Q?Al=65xV?=", and "AlexV".

To test this functionality, run the configurator (you can reach this by clicking the Configure button in the Spamihilator plugins page with Misnamed Filter selected). Click the Test button, and in the "Name" box, enter or paste an encoded value. If a tooltip appears below it showing the decoded value for it, then it should be working properly.

Please let me know if you have any issues with this new version!

Regards,

Alex
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Re: Experimental version 0.4

Beitragvon anbuva » 6. Mai 2008, 09:11

Hallo AlexV!

Thank you :D

Kind Regards
anbuva