New plugin: Trust SpamAssassin Headers

Alles, was mit Plugins für Spamihilator zu tun hat. (Keine Plugin-Hilfe, Plugin-Bugs oder Plugin Feature Requests, siehe jeweils dort.)

Moderator: Forum-Team

New plugin: Trust SpamAssassin Headers

Beitragvon AlexV » 30. Jan 2007, 12:50

Hello all,

Sorry, my German isn't up to writing this in German, so it will have to be English.

I have written a new plugin for Spamihilator which looks for the X-Spam-Status header, which is set by SpamAssassin, and uses the values found there to determine whether the email is spam or not. This is useful when your mail server or ISP is running SpamAssassin.

It looks at the score, and the required score:
  • If the score is negative, then it has been whitelisted in some way by SpamAssassin, so is reported as Not Spam.
  • If the score is greater than the required score, then SpamAssassin is confident that it is spam, so it is reported as Spam, with probability of 100%.
  • If the score is between 0 and the required score, then it is reported as Unsure, and the probability set to be score / required score. I don't know whether this probability is used for anything, but if it were possible for Spamihilator to make a decision based on the probabilities reported by more than one filter, this could be useful.
I have used C++ .net, so this depends on the .net 2.0 CLR. I've included the source, so if anyone wants to refactor it to use pure C++, please feel free. I do not like C++ myself, I would prefer to write the whole thing in C#, but unfortunately the Plugin SDK does not support this.

Anyway, I hope you find this useful:

TrustSpamAssassinHeaders-0.5.exe

Alex
edit 2007-02-06: Now with installer!
Zuletzt geändert von AlexV am 18. Sep 2011, 15:54, insgesamt 4-mal geändert.
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Re: New plugin: Trust SpamAssassin Headers

Beitragvon michel » 1. Feb 2007, 15:40

Hi!

Sorry for my late reply. The Spamihilator website is currently not working, so we're not very often in the forum these days.

As soon as the website is working again (should be within the next few days), write me an e-mail and I will create a plugin author account for you, so you can publish your plugin on the Spamihilator website.

Thank you for your work.

Sincerely,
Michel Krämer
Chuck Norris doesn't kill Spam. He uses Spamihilator! ;-)
michel
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon AlexV » 1. Feb 2007, 22:38

OK, will do, thanks. I've got another one in the works, I'll be publishing in a few days (once I've worked the bugs out!). It is to detect emails sent to mis-named addresses ("Fake Name" <real@email.address>).
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon Chactory » 10. Feb 2007, 16:42

Hi AlexV!

Thanks for this plugin!

Regards, Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon anbuva » 10. Feb 2007, 16:50

Hallo AlexV!

Thank you very much. Why, at that time, this didn't run with me (in connection with the other PlugIN), we could clear. Even if although I don't need this PlugIn, I find it nevertheless noteworthy!

Regards
anbuva
anbuva
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Trust SpamAssassin Headers v0.2

Beitragvon AlexV » 11. Apr 2007, 21:04

As requested, here is an updated version of Trust SpamAssassin Headers for compatibility with Spamihilator v0.9.9.25. I will leave it available here for a few days, then if it looks stable I'll update the entry in the plugins database to point to it too.

TrustSpamAssassinHeaders-0.2.exe

This filter doesn't actually store any settings, so the only change has been to recompile against the latest SDK, update the installer, and test.
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon anbuva » 12. Apr 2007, 20:53

Hallo AlexV!

Thank you 8)

Regards
anbuva
anbuva
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Trust SpamAssassin Headers v0.2.1

Beitragvon AlexV » 20. Apr 2007, 18:55

Small update from v0.2 to v0.2.1, avoids a crash that can be caused when the report string is too long. Download is at the same url:

TrustSpamAssassinHeaders-0.2.exe

Alex
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Trust SpamAssassin Headers v0.3

Beitragvon AlexV » 10. Dez 2007, 12:59

My email provider has recently upgraded to cPanel 11. Although this still uses SpamAssassin for spam filtering, it no longer uses the default SpamAssassin headers for reporting the results, and this plugin would no longer recognize them. cPanel is pretty popular, so others might be finding this same problem.

I have updated Trust SpamAssassin Headers to v0.3, which should now recognize both the default SpamAssassin headers, and those produced by cPanel 11. If your host has moved to cPanel 11, then you must upgrade to Trust SpamAssassin Headers 0.3 too.

If you notice any problems with this plugin please let me know, otherwise I'll update the entry in the plugins database to point to it after a short while.

TrustSpamAssassinHeaders-0.3.exe

Alex
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon michel » 10. Dez 2007, 15:15

Hi!

Thanks for your new version! If you want to update the Spamihilator website, just post me a quick note and I will do it for you. The plugin management system is still not available. I'm currently busy working on the beta version of Spamihilator.

Sincerely,
Michel
michel
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Trust SpamAssassin Headers v0.3 x64

Beitragvon AlexV » 10. Jan 2010, 18:38

With the release of the 64 bit version of Spamihilator, I've started refreshing my plugins to be both 64 bit compatible, and to run natively as 64 bit plugins rather than through the compatibility layer. I'm starting with this one, as it's the simplest.

So, here is a re-release of v0.3, but available as both 32bit and 64bit. There is just one installer - if the 64 bit version of Spamihilator is installed, the 64 bit plugin will be installed. If the 32 bit version of Spamihilator is installed, the 32 bit plugin will be installed (the first screen of the installer tells you which it will install).

This is also my first attempt at creating an msi installer, so any feedback would be appreciated. If it goes well, I'll do the same for my other plugins.

Alex

Edit: Download link removed until further bugs resolved.
Zuletzt geändert von AlexV am 13. Jan 2010, 13:43, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Re: Trust SpamAssassin Headers v0.3 x64

Beitragvon anbuva » 10. Jan 2010, 18:49

Hallo AlexV!

thank you very much :D

Regards
anbuva
anbuva
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon michel » 10. Jan 2010, 19:19

Hi Alex!

Thanks for your update! The installer works like a charm on my 32-bit system. I will test it on my 64-bit machine next week.

Regards,
Michel
michel
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon AlexV » 10. Jan 2010, 20:01

Great, that's good to hear!

Is the plugin listing management system working yet, by the way? If so, could you point me at where to log in?

Thanks,

Alex
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon AlexV » 13. Jan 2010, 13:45

OK, I've taken down the .msi download. There's a bug in it that prevents it from working properly under x64.

MSI is such a pain, it's looking like it might be impossible to ship a single installer for both 32 and 64 bit plugins. The two options I have are either to require the user to know which version of Spamihilator they have installed and download the correct .msi file, or to go back to using NSIS and abandon MSI altogether.

Alex
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Nächste

Zurück zu Plugins: Allgemein