Misnamed Filter 0.3 & Spami 0.9.9.53?

Haben Sie einen Fehler in einem Plugin entdeckt?

Moderator: Forum-Team

Re: Misnamed Filter 0.3 & Spami 0.9.9.53?

Beitragvon anbuva » 3. Apr 2011, 11:49

Hallo AlexV!

that would be great :D if you could develop your filter. :wink:

Regards
anbuva
anbuva
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon AlexV » 3. Apr 2011, 12:55

I have already downgraded back to .53, as I found the beta a bit unstable in general use. Checking it out with the debugger, in .53 I can confirm the plugin does get SERV_LEARN, but it also seems to be working correctly and learning from the addresses when I test it here.

If you are finding it does not learn for you, please ensure you are using Misnamed Filter 0.5, and Spamihilator 0.9.9.53. You can check that there isn't some problem with actually saving the settings file by going to the Spamihilator settings window, then on the Plugins page clicking Misnamed Filter and clicking the Configure button. Any errors in accessing the configuration file will be reported before it shows you the Configurator for Misnamed Filter.

In the Configurator window, check that "Learn names for addresses from non-spam emails automatically" is checked. If it's unchecked, Misnamed Filter won't learn anything. Otherwise, click the Test button in the bottom left. From the email that you expected to learn from, that didn't work, copy from the To header the email address (just the part inside the <>) into the email address box, and the email name (the part inside the "", or to the left of the < if no " marks) into the Name box. If the Matches box underneath is not empty, and contains no red text, then the reason it isn't learning from the email is because it's already a valid address-name pair according to your existing settings.

If the text Matches box is empty, or red, and the Learn box is checked in the Configurator, and there are no errors when launching the Configurator from Spamihilator's settings window, and you are using the correct versions of Spamihilator and the Misnamed Filter, then there is a bug. For me to investigate it, I will need a copy of your Misnamed Filter.settings.xml file (should be in "%APPDATA%\Spamihilator\plugins\Misnamed Filter"), and the full headers for the email address you were expecting to learn from. You can email them to me at alex -at- vallat -dot- name

Regards,

Alex Vallat
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon michel » 3. Apr 2011, 14:22

Hi!

Ah! Now I can confirm the plugin works correctly. I was wondering why the "Misnamed Filter.settings.xml" did not change, but then I realized that my own mail addresses were already listed in this file. I deleted them and learned from another message in the training area. The filter correctly added my mail address to the list.

I'm using the latest beta version (64-bit) with Misnamed Filter 0.5 (64-bit) on Windows 7.

Bye,
Michel
Chuck Norris doesn't kill Spam. He uses Spamihilator! ;-)
michel
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon AlexV » 3. Apr 2011, 15:35

Hi Michel,

Thanks for checking that for me. I'm noticing something strange myself, now. I've left Spamihilator running under the debugger, and am now noticing I'm no longer getting SERV_LEARN for messages, even though I did when I first ran and tested it. I'm still getting my breakpoint on isSpamHdr hit, though, so the debugger is still working.

Under what circumstances would Spamihilator stop sending SERV_LEARN to a plugin?

Thanks,

Alex
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon michel » 3. Apr 2011, 17:38

Hi!

It stops whenever SERV_LEARN returns FALSE. I think I once implemented this in order to save cpu cycles when a plugin actually does not implement this service. A plugin implementing it should always return TRUE.

Bye,
Michel
michel
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon AlexV » 3. Apr 2011, 18:55

michel hat geschrieben:It stops whenever SERV_LEARN returns FALSE.

Ah, OK, now we're getting somewhere. The SDK said "A plugin should return 1 (TRUE) if it processes this message.", so I was returning false if the message was spam (or learning was turned off) as the filter only learns from non-spam messages. So learning would work until a spam message was learnt from, then it would stop working until Spamihilator was restarted.

What the SDK meant, it seems, is that a plugin should return true if it processes this *service*, not just the specific message being offered to learn from. I'll make the change to the plugin and post a 0.6 as soon as I dust off the release-build system.

Thanks,

Alex
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon AlexV » 3. Apr 2011, 19:52

OK, here's the update: Misnamed Filter 0.6

I think I got the release system working properly, but it has been over a year, a new version of Visual Studio, and at least one OS reinstall since I last touched this stuff, so I might have not got it quite right. If you do notice any problems, please let me know.

Alex
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon anbuva » 3. Apr 2011, 20:05

Hallo AlexV!

wonderful. I try out the new version. I thank you for your work. :D

Regards
anbuva
anbuva
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon michel » 6. Apr 2011, 09:54

AlexV hat geschrieben:The SDK said "A plugin should return 1 (TRUE) if it processes this message."

Sorry if the SDK is misleading at this point.

Bye,
Michel
michel
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Vorherige

Zurück zu Plugins: Bugs