Addressee Filter does not consider BCC

Haben Sie einen Fehler in einem Plugin entdeckt?

Moderator: Forum-Team

Re: Addressee Filter does not consider BCC

Beitragvon Dieter » 10. Dez 2004, 10:16

Hi Carolyn,

carolyns hat geschrieben:In the example mail you posted, would your correct email address have been in the regular Cc: (rather than a Bcc) ?

No, my address appeared only with "Envelope-To".

carolyns hat geschrieben:When you get a mail via Bcc do any of the Received lines include the word "for" followed by one of your correct email addresses?

Sometimes, it is obviously provider dependend.

carolyns hat geschrieben:I might make the Received check an option because people who receive few valid Bcc's and many spam ones to their correct email addresses may wish to have all non-friend Bcc's marked as spam (or high chance of spam) and add their friendly Bcc senders to their friends list.

That would be o.k.

carolyns hat geschrieben:I considered the possibility of an option checkbox to pass From-same-as-To-or-Cc messages, ...
If From always appeared above To, this would work and I could cache the From name and add it to my checks against To and CC. However, I looked at the source of several messages and found To before From in many of them.

I checked a lot of messages in my mail box (of course not all :wink: ), and I did not find any with a "To" before "From".

Regards
Dieter
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 3.16 GHz, 3.25 GB Ram, WinXP Home Edition SP3,
Outlook Express 6, Outlook 2007
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T8100 2.10 GHz, 4.00 GB Ram, Windows 7 Ultimate,
Windows Live Mail, Outlook 2007
T-Online/1&1/Gmx/Strato, Call & Surf Comfort Plus, DSL 16000
Dieter
Assistent
Assistent

Beitragvon carolyns » 10. Dez 2004, 18:40

I am trying a new version of Addressee Filter now.

In this one I only mark a message as spam if none of the following header lines contain any of your correct email addresses...

To
Cc
Envelope-To
Received

How does that sound (given the stated scope of Addressee Filter)?

I don't really know how to add/access/save a checkbox in a Windows program :shock: so no additional options yet. I am a former C64 and Amiga programmer and now an embedded programmer. I don't really grok Windows.

Carolyn
carolyns
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon carolyns » 10. Dez 2004, 20:49

DARN - I just got a Bcc with no received line "for" AND no Envelope-To.

However, after additional testing I believe this is because my hosted email .com is not a real pingable .com but just a hosted email .com, and the sender was on the same hosted email .com. He explained to me that the way our ISP does this is it tries to locate the destination normally and if it is undeliverable that way, it strips off the destination and tries to send it as local mail on the same hosted .com.

So this is not a problem for me since I have that hosted domain as a pattern match in my friends list.

In general, I think the new version works better and should help it Dieter and others get their Bcc's.

Please test the new Addressee Filter and give me some feedback on it. I have not posted it to this site yet but you can access it here:

http://www.chesco.com/~carolyn/filters/addresseefilter_1_0_4.exe

Let me know if it helps you Dieter.

Carolyn
carolyns
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Dieter » 10. Dez 2004, 23:59

carolyns hat geschrieben:Please test the new Addressee Filter and give me some feedback on it.

Thank you Carolyn, I just loaded the new version and I'm going to test it. :D

Regards
Dieter
Dieter
Assistent
Assistent

Beitragvon Chactory » 11. Dez 2004, 02:14

Hello Carolyn,

who in fact does grok Windows? ;-) But it seems you really groked Frankfurt, marvelously. ;-)

It's a pity that this very interesting and basical filter won't work with BCC mails.

Perhaps your filter might develop more certainty in a combination with other conditions. E.g. "adressee missing in the TO AND CC field" AND "no sender declaration in the FROM AND REPLY TO fields", or something like this. Then it should filter only a small amount of spam, but zero false positives, which would be very important, imho.

The discussion has been conducted already before, see AN (Empfänger) filtern and Neues Plugin Mandatory-String-Filter BETAPHASE. Sorry, in german. :(

With friendly regards,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Dieter » 11. Dez 2004, 09:42

Hi Carolyn,

I just got a BCC-Mail with my address in the "Envelope-To" field and it passed through your filter which signalized: not spam! :D

Regards
Dieter
Dieter
Assistent
Assistent

Beitragvon carolyns » 13. Dez 2004, 21:50

Since the current changes seem to help Addressee Filter spot valid Bcc's, I am posting Addressee Filter 1.0.5 to the Spamihilator Plugins.

I have changed the help a bit since 1.0.4:

1. Simplified appearance
2. Installed help file to en and de folders so the help will appear for both languages (even though right now the help is only in English)
3. Added this note:

NOTE: In some Bcc mail there is no addressee in any of the headers. This can occur when you receive a Bcc from someone whose email address is on the same hosted domain as yours with a mailer that strips the destination address and delivers such mail locally. If you find that this applies to you, you should add a pattern match of your own hosted domain to your Spamihilator friends list (* for name and *@mydomain.com for email), so that these Bcc's will not be marked as spam by Addressee Filter.

Carolyn
carolyns
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Gast » 11. Jul 2006, 01:24

I am trying to download the addressee filter from spamhilator, but the download link opens up a site where no download of the file can be found. Where can I download it?
Gast

Beitragvon Chactory » 11. Jul 2006, 12:52

I just tried it out, it works, the downloaded file has the correct name and volume and contains no malware. I admit, it's a rather dirty and intransparent web site. :evil:
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon carolyns » 11. Jul 2006, 18:49

Yes - Sorry but I needed to store the zip at that public upload site. Previously I kept it at my website but our ISP got sold and the new owners decided that websites were no provided for regular ISP clients.

I still have not transferred my web pages to Comcast, so I needed to use a public file host.

Carolyn
carolyns
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Chactory » 11. Jul 2006, 21:37

Thank you for mentioning this, Carolyn. :D
Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Vorherige

Zurück zu Plugins: Bugs