Customizations to toolbars aren't kept

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

Customizations to toolbars aren't kept

Beitragvon mbrazil » 18. Feb 2014, 22:25

None of the settings you can change in the context menus for the toolbars in the Training Area and the Recycle Bin are stored and reapplied when Spamihilator is closed and restarted. This includes large or small icons, all three text settings, and everything you do in the Customize Toolbar dialog.

This should be fixed ASAP, as there's not much point in even having these settings if they aren't saved from one session to the next.
mbrazil
Power-User
Power-User

Re: Customizations to toolbars aren't kept

Beitragvon Chactory » 17. Apr 2014, 21:06

I can't confirm this problem. With my installation of Spamihilator, the training and the recycle window keep their preferences. If not with your installation of Spamihilator, the perhaps there is a user rights problem, where Spamihilator stores its settings?
Zwischenablage101.png
Zwischenablage101.png (27.19 KiB) 5497-mal betrachtet
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon mbrazil » 30. Jun 2014, 00:44

Hi Chactory!

I've noticed since I first reported this that some of my settings and selections for the Recycle Bin usually are retained, but not always. In the Recycle Bin, my column choices and column order are usually retained, but the column sizes are always lost. My toolbar button selections, button order, and separators are also usually, but not always, retained, and my column format for the Sender column is usually retained.

However, none of my settings are ever retained from the previous session in the Training Arena. I always have to re-do my column choices, column order, column widths, and column format for the Sender column. I also have to re-do my toolbar button choices, button order, and separators.

The fact that it is able to usually retain and reapply some of the settings in the Recycle Bin indicates that there is no user-rights problem. If there were, it wouldn't be able to write to the necessary file(s) at all.

By the way, can you tell me which file(s) the information is stored in and the format of the file(s)?

Regards,
mbrazil
mbrazil
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Chactory » 20. Jul 2014, 11:16

Hello mbrazil!

The files are in Win 7:
- C:\Program Files\Spamihilator
- C:\Users\Chactory\AppData\Roaming\Spamihilator

Cheers,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon mbrazil » 22. Jul 2014, 05:05

Which file(s) are the settings stored in and what is the format of the file(s)? Can I open them with a text editor?

Chactory hat geschrieben:Hello mbrazil!

The files are in Win 7:
- C:\Program Files\Spamihilator
- C:\Users\Chactory\AppData\Roaming\Spamihilator

Cheers,
Chactory
mbrazil
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Chactory » 22. Jul 2014, 20:42

Hello mbrazil!

Some of the files are to open with a text editor, some others are ".db" files which are to open with e.g. sqliteadmin.

With kind regards,
Chactory

PS: As I wrote above, I think that the problem lies in the installation or the user rights. In the past, we had problems when the fast user switch was in use.

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon mbrazil » 22. Jul 2014, 21:50

Hi Chactory!

I always run my system as an administrator, and I'm the only user of this system. Fast user switching is disabled. Settings for the Recycle Bin are retained (most of the time), but settings for the Training Area are never retained.

Spamihilator also hangs a couple times a day. I have to manually terminate its process and restart it when it does. This makes the loss of settings for the Training Area even more annoying, as I have to reset the toolbar to have the buttons I want in the order I want them, reselect the Columns I want and the order and widths I want, and reset the Column Format of the Sender column every time I have to restart it.

Be aware that all the other software I use regularly on this system does not exhibit similar problems (hangs and failure to retain settings). These programs and the operating system itself are very stable.

Regards,
mbrazil
mbrazil
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Chactory » 22. Jul 2014, 22:09

Hi mbrazil!

Thank you for explaining the problem again so patiently.

As I am not on-site, I can't really say ...

I would recommend to you to once uninstall Spamihilator (after having learned all mails in the training area and cleared the recycler), then clean the system from any rest, e.g. folders, then reinstall from scratch - no imports of settings or so.

Spamihilator learns very fast, it will be accustomized fast. I'm nearly sure, after this, Spamihilator will do on your system, too.

Yours sincerely,
Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Zurück zu English Forum