A suggestion/request

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

A suggestion/request

Beitragvon mbrazil » 15. Feb 2014, 11:16

Is there any reason the Training Area and the Recycle Bin cannot be combined into one function and one window? Maybe you could include an option to have them combined or separate. It seems doable to me, and it would make it a lot easier to deal with. You could have settings to determine the behavior, such as:

* Automatically restore all Non-Spam at Learn.

* Delete Spam after Restore (same as using Empty Bin after mail client accepts restored Non-Spam and similar to emptying the Training Area after Learn).

Since most users are likely to want to restore any messages that Spami misclassified as Spam and are unlikely to want to restore any actual spam, most of the time they could just select and mark the non-spam messages and click Learn, and Spami would both learn and restore all non-spam and then empty the remaining (spam) messages from the window.
mbrazil
Power-User
Power-User

Re: A suggestion/request

Beitragvon Chactory » 17. Apr 2014, 20:58

Hi mbrazil,

sorry, but I have forgotten to answer to your interesting, but also difficult question.

Actually, you don’t need to deal with both function windows, but just with the trainings window. The training area is your possibility to clear false-positive or false-negative assessments of spam-mails by Spamihilator. The recycle bin is only a reserve, you could be thankful for it one day, you deleted some mails from the training area, or something else, and you go and use the recycle area in a way you may use the Windows recycle bin. Anyhow, that’s the idea behind this two working windows.

Kind regards,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon mbrazil » 30. Jun 2014, 00:51

Hi Chactory!

On the contrary, I find I have to check the Recycle Bin on a regular basis to look for messages that have been mis-categorized as SPAM so that I can set them to be restored. If I don't do this, I won't know when I have missed receiving a legitimate message.

I have been using Spamihilator for a few months now, and I've been blocking all the domains from which I receive SPAM (except for those that I may occasionally receive legitimate email from as well) every day. I've also been checking the Training Arena and re-marking messages as SPAM or non-SPAM and then clicking Learn at least once a day. While the accuracy has improved over the time I've been using it, it still is not accurate enough for me to feel comfortable enough to discontinue checking both the Recycle Bin and the Training Arena on a regular basis. I still think the two could be combined, making it easier to manage Spamihilator.

Regards,
mbrazil
mbrazil
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Chactory » 20. Jul 2014, 11:52

mbrazil hat geschrieben:While the accuracy has improved over the time I've been using it, it still is not accurate enough for me to feel comfortable enough to discontinue checking ...

Despite all good ideas for filtering, it seems not be possible to avoid incidental errors. I think, this is a problem with all ways of artificial intelligence.

I have adjusted my filters that way, that Spamihilator rather accepts a spam-mail as correct mal, than to filter false-positive regular mails as spam.

With newsletters I have stored them in the newsletter-filter and in the rules of my mail-client. The newsletters are excluded from learning.
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Zurück zu English Forum