Import-Export problem

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

Import-Export problem

Beitragvon pincopallino » 19. Jan 2014, 23:28

Greetings,
I am trying to move Spamihilator settings from an old WinXP 32bit netbook to a new Win8.1 64bit notebook. I did the usual export- import procedure, the file I got contains all the info (checked by opening it with Notepad++), the export seems going well, but when I open the settings page, the friends and blocked list are empty. Tried more than once, with compressed and uncompressed backup file, even after restarting Spamihilator with a right-click > run as administrator.... nothing! I have quite a list to import, I'm stuck. Is there any workaround?
Thank you for your help.
pincopallino
User
User

Re: Import-Export problem

Beitragvon Chactory » 20. Jan 2014, 21:29

Cheers pincopallino!

Possibly it works, when you copy some setting files from your old Spamihilator installation into the new. As you perhaps have watched, there are some Spamihilator folders within the application data in Windows. What might be of interest, is the friends list, of course. Surely the "rulefilter.db" file. I dunno, if it makes sense to copy the Bayesian Filter's memory, or the blocked senders list, for it will reconstruct itself so fast. I would copy the newsletters list.

Kind regards,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon pincopallino » 21. Jan 2014, 13:12

Hello Chactory,
I did as you suggested, actually I copied the whole folder from the old to the new installation and now I can see my white and black list. Thank you for your help, much appreciated indeed!
pincopallino
User
User

Beitragvon Chactory » 22. Jan 2014, 22:08

Hello pincopallino!

Thank you for your friendly feedback! Good luck and joy with Spamihilator!

Kind regards,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Zurück zu English Forum