Spami finds the old mail accounts only

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

Spami finds the old mail accounts only

Beitragvon vmjpak » 9. Nov 2013, 11:35

Hi,

I have WinXP Home SP3, Outlook 2007 as a part of Ms Office and Spamihilator 1.5.0.

When I try to change from POP3 to IMAP it doesn't success. Before year 2007 I used Outlook Express 6. It has been blocked out from Windows 6 years but when I now try to install a new IMAP (or POP3) mail account, the Wisard finds only the old accounts from the time of OE, not the new ones, wich I allready have in Outlook.

I have made few times the repair installing of Ms Office, uninstalling Spami, cleaning the register with Uniblue Powersuite and installed a newly downloaded Spami 1.5. Still Wisard finds only the old mail accounts wich have been deleted from OE before its disabling.

Are there any file or register key where the Wisard finds the deleted accounts and how to repair it?

Regards
Vesa
vmjpak
User
User

Re: Spami finds the old mail accounts only

Beitragvon Chactory » 10. Nov 2013, 14:38

Hello Vesa!

Welcome in our help and discussion forums! :)

I still don’t understand some of your settings. Could you explain a little bit more detailed your installation?

• “When I try to change from POP3 to IMAP”: What exactly do you want to change from POP3 to IMAP? Are you trying to change an Outlook mail-account?
  • “It has been blocked out from Windows 6 years”: I don’t understand what you mean, what blocked what …
  • “the Wisard finds only the old accounts from the time of OE”: Are you talking about Spamihilator’s mail-account Wizard?

For me, there seem to exist two mail programs, and I’m not able to recognize, what you want to do.

How to set up a mail-account for the use with Spamihilator: in the online-help.

Kind regards,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon vmjpak » 11. Nov 2013, 21:23

Hi Chactory,

Thanks for Your quick reply. I try to explain my problem more exactly.

Because I want to keep mails in server, I have to change the Outlook accounts to IMAP.
For that I have deleted the POP3 accounts and made the new ones with IMAP. When I then want to configure Spami to check incoming mails, the Spami's Wisard doesn't find the new accounts (not also the old Outlook POP3 accouts) but finds the very old OE accounts only.

I agree that there are two email programs, Outlook and Outlook Express in my PC. However, I have deleted all accounts from OE (6 years ago) and then unchecked the OE from Windows. There must be a secret place in my PC where the data of old accounts is stored. That I am asking, a place where the Wisard finds them. It seems that Spami want to work with the disabled OE and I can not prevent it.

Could the "secred place" be the archive folders or the old back ups?
I just want an advise how to "clean" wrong data from the PC to get Spami work with Outlook.

Regards
Vesa

P.S. I have two hard disk, the old one where earlier was Win98 (with OE, of course). There is C:/ where Win98 is removed from. The WinXP is in the new disk H:/. Is that possible that Wisard searchs the C:/ only, not the H:/? Maybe the "secret place" is somewhere in C:/.
vmjpak
User
User

Beitragvon Chactory » 15. Nov 2013, 20:23

Hello Vesa!

I think that you have done the IMAP account procedure correctly. But I can’t imagine why the Outlook Express accounts still exist …

Anyway, it should be possible to set the Outlook mail-accounts manually, since the Spamihilator wizard didn’t work. Can you look into the Spamihilator online help? Hope that helps. :)

Kind regards,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Zurück zu English Forum