Unclassified Filter uses 100% CPU

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

Unclassified Filter uses 100% CPU

Beitragvon unrealguy69 » 6. Nov 2013, 23:45

I have a desktop and a laptop. Both running Windows 7 x 64. On the desktop the "Unclassified Filter" is installed and works flawlessly. However, on the laptop, every time I install the "Unclassified Filter" the CPU jumps to 100% and stays there. I tried completely uninstalling Spami using Geek to remove everything. I reinstalled Spami but as soon as I installed the "Unclassified Filter" CPU went back to 100%.
Anybody got any ideas what's wrong?
Neal Dahl
unrealguy69
Power-User
Power-User

Re: Unclassified Filter uses 100% CPU

Beitragvon Chactory » 7. Nov 2013, 23:43

Sorry, no good idea. Could it be an issue with a security software? Is it Spamihilator version 1.5? (Which way do you use the Unclassified Filter?)
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Neal Dahl » 17. Nov 2013, 02:43

Thanks for the reply. I tried again by disabling my antivirus (Avast), completely uninstalling and reinstalling a fresh download of Spamihilator 1.5 and Unclassified Filter. Same result. It does work, but as soon as I activate the Unclassifed Filter the CPU jumps to 100% and stays there.
I just place the filter in last place behind all others and it works great. However, I can't live with the 100% CPU usage so I guess I'll just live without this filter.
It sure seems strange that my desktop runs the identical setup and works fine. Maybe if I reinstalled the Windows 7 operating system it might work but that's way too much trouble for this small problem.
Neal Dahl

Beitragvon Chactory » 17. Nov 2013, 20:20

Hello Neal!

Excuse me for not beeing helpful ... :oops:

In my opinion, the Unclassified Filter is not indispensable. But if you seriously want to find out the reason, you shouldn't reinstall Windows as first step, but perhaps contact the programmer of the filter. Another possibility could be to use the famous Sysinternals Tools, like Prozess Monitor or something?

Kind regards,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Zurück zu English Forum