Foxmail problems

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

Foxmail problems

Beitragvon Ahzz » 8. Okt 2013, 23:43

I started with Foxmail 7.0 which works really well with Spamihilator, but starting with 7.1 Foxmail & Spamihilator have a nasty problem. Foxmail 7.1 does a server validation check when you enter account information & then locks it so you can't change the server settings. This would not be a problem except that when I enter the settings to have it go through Spami, the validation fails because Spami doesn't allow it to "see" the server. I've gotten around this so far by installing Foxmail 7.0, setting up the accounts & then upgrading it to version 7.1. Am I missing some setting I could change in Spami to allow Foxmail to validate the server, save the account information & then restore Spami's normal operation or is this something that you have never had to deal with before?
Ahzz
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Re: Foxmail problems

Beitragvon Chactory » 16. Okt 2013, 12:16

Hi Ahzz!

As far as I do understand the problem, Foxmail doesn't allow to modify the account settings after having entered them and stored them?

It seems, that version 7.1 has been released just in september, so i guess, its just still a little buggy. My way would be to wait keeping the stable version before this new release. Or is there a security problem with the earlier version? Not, as far as I recognized it at a glance.

Or, the settings have been programmed in a way so that you just can't find where to change the account entries? (Excuse me for suggesting this.)

Kind regards,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Re: Foxmail problems

Beitragvon Ahzz » 16. Okt 2013, 17:00

No problem. You could find the account settings but the incoming server was grayed out & could not be changed. They have since released an internal update, which doesn't change the version number shown in about Foxmail but it now allows all the account settings to be changed as in the earlier versions.

I don't know yet if it allows the Spamihilator to be set up when the account is created but since it can be changed afterwards it no longer really matters.

Also, the main changes from the 7.0 version includes updated interface, improved operating speed & vastly increased maximum number of messages that it can handle.
Ahzz
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Zurück zu English Forum