View email in HTML

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

View email in HTML

Beitragvon bflora » 21. Aug 2013, 00:45

Is there a way to view email in the recycle bin in HTML rather than plain text?
bflora
User
User

Re: View email in HTML

Beitragvon Chactory » 24. Aug 2013, 22:13

Hello bflora!

Sorry, there isn’t any way to view e-mails in html or other rich-text format, for security reasons. But this isn’t adverse. In contrary, this is Spamihilator’s excellence, that it provides a safe mail-reader. You can watch your mails within the training window or the recycler. In the lower left corner you can check a box to let the mail-reader show you the source code of a mail. If necessary, you could copy the source code to save it as a html-file.

Kind regards,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon bflora » 26. Aug 2013, 14:50

Thanks for your reply, Chactory. I was hoping for basic HTML text formatting rather than full HTML rendering. There would be no need to do anything risky (e.g., execute JavaScript), or even render images. Some emails need to be examined in the message viewer to know whether they are really spam. But it is often very tedious to find and read the actual text within the HTML syntax.

Even a simple "Strip HTML" option in the message viewer would be nice. It would need to do nothing more than strip out all the HTML tags and replace occurrences of </br>, </p>, </td>, </li>, and </div> with carriage returns. Do you know if this is possible via the plug-in SDK?

Bob
bflora
User
User

Beitragvon Chactory » 27. Aug 2013, 20:38

Hi Bob!

bflora hat geschrieben:basic HTML text formatting ... it is often very tedious to find and read the actual text within the HTML syntax ... a simple "Strip HTML" option in the message viewer ... strip out all the HTML tags and replace occurrences of </br>, </p>, </td>, </li>, and </div> with carriage returns. Do you know if this is possible via the plug-in SDK?

Cool idea! 8) I think it should be possible to program a plugin READER, but only if you are able to use C++ and the plgin sdk ... If you think you could do that, it would be absolutely great!

Kind regards,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Zurück zu English Forum