spami just started crashing

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

spami just started crashing

Beitragvon rburn99 » 2. Jul 2013, 19:05

spamihilator no longer runs on my machine. I can start it and it will remain running until it begins checking mail. Then it crashes and creates a dmp file. I tried installing the latest version but that made no difference. Also, the training area is completely empty. That has never been the case. There has always been many screens worth of mail showing there.
Dateianhänge
spamihilator.exe.1.5.0.0_win32dump.zip
(48.76 KiB) 143-mal heruntergeladen
rburn99
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Re: spami just started crashing

Beitragvon rburn99 » 2. Jul 2013, 19:42

I moved all the contents of the cache folder out to a temp folder and spami did not crash when retrieving mail. So I am guessing that something in the cache must have gotten corrupt. Is there any way to tell what happened for future reference? Did the dmp contain anything useful?
rburn99
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Re: spami just started crashing

Beitragvon Chactory » 3. Jul 2013, 11:28

Hi Robb!

Thank you for your contribution.

As far as I remember, it is indeed a problem, that very seldom, a mail may cause a Spamihilator crash. In Spamihilator lifetime with me since 2003, it may have occurred once in a year, but not anymore since the 1.0 and 1.5 versions.

Sometimes such crashes were caused by a plugin, but sometimes it was in Spamihilator, and Michel Krämer, the program author, has debugged it. I think we should report this to Michel, and if he can spare some time with us out here, he may want to analyze your dmp file thankfully provided. Perhaps he may need to scrutinise the mail causing the crash.

Kind regards,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Zurück zu English Forum