Spami won't reconnect to mail server

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

Spami won't reconnect to mail server

Beitragvon twcinnh0 » 29. Mär 2013, 06:25

Hello,

I've been having some problems (it appears I'm not the only one) re-connecting to my mail server with Spamihilator.

First, I've been using Spami around, I think, 5 or so years. Very recently when downloading (I have serveral emails) it works well, until I try to reconnect. Sampi does not crash, at least it still appreal in the lower right of the screen (what ever that area is called).

If I restart the computer, it will work. Occassionaly it does reconnect, but mostly it's once and done. I will get a message asking for my password which is implying to me my mail server is rejecting the attempt to connect. Re-start and it will connect - once. I will at times get the message "Ther server has not answered for a long time. Do you want to abort connection?"

Recently I did upgrade to MSIE 10. That was frustrating when I tried to open a text file and it openeid in MSIE 10. I finally had to open MSIE 10 and find where it was setting that software as the text editor and change that to my preferred software. Using the software I usually use (noteab++) prefrences no longer works.

Could MSIE be doing something that has affected the mail server?

Any thought or suggestions will help. Spami has been great and I miss it.

Best regards,

Tom C

PS By the way I have gone into 'settings' and deleted all servers, but that doesn't seem to do anything helpful.
twcinnh0
User
User

Re: Spami won't reconnect to mail server

Beitragvon twcinnh1 » 2. Apr 2013, 02:06

I've tried most of the similar suggestions I've found in this forum, but nothing has worked. I'm on Windows 7 64bit.

Regards,

Tom C
twcinnh1

Beitragvon Chactory » 6. Apr 2013, 12:53

Hallo twcinnh1!

Sorry for not answering, having a very bad cold with fever higher 39°C over seven days.
I think i will come back tomorrow. :)

Gruß
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Chactory » 7. Apr 2013, 11:31

Hello Tom!

I think we should be able to solve those problems − maybe just step by step. :)

First: Do you want me to reset your password and send a new password on your mail adress? For it seems to me, that we have already three users with your name?

Kind regards,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon needhelp » 13. Apr 2013, 14:57

Yes, please send a password and the username.

Thank you,

Tom

twcinnh1 hat geschrieben:I've tried most of the similar suggestions I've found in this forum, but nothing has worked. I'm on Windows 7 64bit.

Regards,

Tom C
Yes please reset and email me a password.
needhelp

Beitragvon Chactory » 13. Apr 2013, 19:55

Hi Tom!

I have sent you a new password by mail for your first twcinnh account.
Do you still need coaching with Spamihilator, or did you solve it already?

Cheers,
Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon twcinnh » 13. Apr 2013, 22:29

Hi Chactory!

Ah, so nice to be back.

Yes, I've solved it, whether heavy handildly or not I'm not sure.

Finally, I was getting an error message that Windows Installer was not working and regardless of following virtually every suggestion I could find online, ended up doing a repair with my Windows 7 CD. (I had uninstalled and attempted to remove every instance of spamihilator on my computer.)

After that, spamihilator is working as well as ever. Looks like it was something corrupt in the network software.

Thank you for your persistence contacting me. I didn't have any luck guessing how to receive a new password before the allowed number of attempts expired. Those pages are in German, and English is my language.

Regards,
twcinnh
twcinnh
User
User

Beitragvon Chactory » 14. Apr 2013, 11:11

Hi Tom!

twcinnh hat geschrieben:Ah, so nice to be back.
Thank you for your friendly feedback! :)

twcinnh hat geschrieben:Yes, I've solved it
Good job! Very good, that you have repaired your Windows! Have you retraced, why your Windows was worn down? Notably, have you checked your computer for malware affection, too?

twcinnh hat geschrieben:Those pages are in German, and English is my language.
Yes, that's a little bit confusing, sorry for that!

Happy spam-filtering now! ;)

Kind regards,
Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon twcinnh » 14. Apr 2013, 19:14

Not sure what happened to the windows installation, but I was uninstalling, then installing Spamihilator, probably, too many times. I would imagine that would stress some files.

During the process I tried other spam solutions, but wanted to go back to spami, so I kept trying. The best candidate I have to explain potential problems was due to the architecture of the system. I have windows 7 Pro 64 bit installed on an SSD. Then applications and data on a HDD. That's where I install Spami, but I think I once was in a hurry and took the default installation that puts it on the C drive, rather than the Custom choice where a specific location can be chosen. (Maybe putting the choice of install location earlier in the install process might be useful to some.)

I imagine if the uninstaller was confused, that may have corrupted some files.

Hope that helps. At least I'm now an expert repairing Windows 7.

Regards,

Tom
twcinnh
User
User

Beitragvon Chactory » 15. Apr 2013, 14:40

Hello Tom!

Thank you for your interesting report. SSD disk - cool! 8)
I hope that you will enjoy spam-filtering now. :)

Kind regards,
Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Zurück zu English Forum