Download does not complete

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

Download does not complete

Beitragvon px03afk » 9. Nov 2012, 16:22

I've had this problem before but it is very inconsistent. Spami tells me that there are a number of messages to download and it goes through the process and the count goes up and then at the end, where it should finish, it just gets stuck and the download appears to be going on and on. If I kill the current instance and restart it it just does the same again.

To clear the problem I had to remove messages from the ISP server. I normally leave messages on the server for 10 days as I have multiple machines downloading the same messages and the strange thing is that the other machines, which also run Spami, don't have the problem. In this instance it is a Win7/64 machine which was giving the problem.

I'm not sure what evidence might be useful for this type of problem. The log files appear to be as you would expect, just not complete but no errors. The last time this happened was many months ago so can't guarantee when (or if) it will ever happen again.
px03afk
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Re: Download does not complete

Beitragvon Chactory » 18. Nov 2012, 12:52

Sorry for not answering to you such a long time, px03afk!

Is the sticky mail a good one or a spam mail?

Very infrequent, so about once a year, I watch this problem, too. Just a few days, it happened to me, that Spamihilator got stuck in a similar way, as you described. In my case, it was only a spam mail, and I did not find any characteristic to distinguish it from other spam mails ...

Michel, the program author of Spamihilator, has every now and then worked on this problem. In former days ;) it happened more often, and nowadays only very seldom.

Perhaps we could try again to analyze such sticky mails, if the problem occurrs often.
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon px03afk » 22. Dez 2012, 14:45

I've only just picked up your reply and the problem has not occurred since I posted so, as you say, it is difficult to track. If it happens again I will try to let you know when we may have some time to track it.

David
px03afk
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Beitragvon px03afk » 22. Dez 2012, 16:25

I can hardly believe this but less than an hour after posting my last reply the problem came back. I went on to my webmail and there were only 3 new messages since the last succesful download. 2 of them were probably Spam but having deleted them the problem persisted. The last one was a repeat of one I've been getting for a few days, a non-delivery report to a friend, and on the face of it the message is genuine and each one has been the same.

I kept copies of the log files, if they are of any help, but at present I don't have the message itself.
px03afk
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Beitragvon Chactory » 22. Dez 2012, 20:06

Hello px03afk!

Could you give an example from your log-files of corect mail-transmission, and then of the last correct mail-reception, and of all following erroneous?

Cheers,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Chactory » 26. Dez 2012, 16:58

Sorry for this difficult to solve problem. :(
Hmm ... as a soft workaround, you could try
just to "clean up" the web based mailer and
Spamihilator's training area and recycler.

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon anbuva » 26. Dez 2012, 20:00

Hallo px03afk!

Perhaps a Personal-Firewalll or Antivirus blocked something. With Norton, I could find something similar before.

Regards
anbuva
anbuva
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon px03afk » 15. Jan 2013, 21:11

Sorry, have only just seen your last reply. Since having the most recent problem I decided to change back to the 32 bit version as I can't see any immediate benefit in using the 64 bit version and so far the problem has not recurred.

In response to the comment about firewall, not sure how this can have a direct effect on the download process, esepcially as the problem will go away if the offending e-mail is removed from the server.
px03afk
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Beitragvon Chactory » 15. Jan 2013, 23:10

Hello px03afk!

Thank you for responding and for sharing your workaround with us.
So I hope the described problem won't appear again. :)

Regards,
Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Zurück zu English Forum