Removing only SPAM mails from server

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

Removing only SPAM mails from server

Beitragvon danarman247 » 20. Sep 2012, 16:03

Hello,

How do I configure to automatically remove from server (IMAP) all mails marked as spam (keeping it on local Recycle Bin for later revision/recovery if needed), but keep on server all mails not marked as spam?

I only see 1 option: "Keep spam mails on server until I delete them from the Recycle Bin" but if I check this, all mails are removed from server (spam and not spam). If I uncheck, all spam mail remains on server (non spam too, that's ok).

This could be a great solution for me. I'm receiving a lot of spam and I use Outlook and my Android phone to get emails. Save a lot of frustration not receiving a lot of spam mails on my Android, but when Outlook gets emails, I am unable to receive them on my android because removed from server (when I leaved Outlook running... which is great if Spamhilator keeps my inbox clean of spam, without removing non-spam mails).

Thanks for help

Daniel
danarman247

Re: Removing only SPAM mails from server

Beitragvon Chactory » 23. Sep 2012, 02:07

Hi Daniel!

Using two computers with IMAP, the first receiving mails will read them, and the second computer will find read mails. Spamihilator's "Keep spam mail on server" being checked should let the second computer check all mails for spam again. If this is unckecked, the first computer has spam-mails stored in the Spamihilator recycler, but the second computer wouldn't see them and wouldn't be able to restore them.

danarman247 hat geschrieben:but if I check this, all mails are removed from server (spam and not spam).
Excuse me for asking, but which of your computers has Spamihiltor installed on it?
I don't know exactly how Android phones work, and if Spamihilator will do correctly on Android ...

Kind regards,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon danarman247 » 24. Sep 2012, 16:07

Chactory hat geschrieben:Hi Daniel!

Using two computers with IMAP, the first receiving mails will read them, and the second computer will find read mails. Spamihilator's "Keep spam mail on server" being checked should let the second computer check all mails for spam again. If this is unckecked, the first computer has spam-mails stored in the Spamihilator recycler, but the second computer wouldn't see them and wouldn't be able to restore them.

danarman247 hat geschrieben:but if I check this, all mails are removed from server (spam and not spam).
Excuse me for asking, but which of your computers has Spamihiltor installed on it?
I don't know exactly how Android phones work, and if Spamihilator will do correctly on Android ...

Kind regards,
Chactory

Hello, you are completely right. I'm receiving mails on my android as "read" just after Outlook gets emails. My mistake, the option to clear spam for server actually works fine, just the confusion of mails being marked as read just because downloaded from server.

I don't understand your question (no problem at all if you ask anything): " but which of your computers has Spamihiltor installed on it?". I installed Spamihilator on my Acer 7750G Core-i7, 6GB RAM, 640GB HDD, ATI 6650 with 1GB VRAM dedicated. Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and Outlook 2010.
My Android phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000.

Sorry for the delay, I had to save the link to my question on your forum, and couldn't find an option to get notified when reply.

Is a great software, Spamihilator keeps my inbox mostly clean now.
danarman247

Beitragvon Chactory » 25. Sep 2012, 04:08

Thank you for your answer, Daniel.

Am I right, when I assume, that Spamihilator is installed on your powerful Acer machine, and not on your Android phone? And that you let the Acer machine fish out the spam-mails, whilst you are on your way with your Android phone?

Is your above described problem solved, as Spamihilator has learned better to differ between spam and non-spam, meanwhile?

Kind regards from a rainy Germany,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon danarman247 » 29. Sep 2012, 14:37

Hallo Chactory!

Yesm everything is working as described... Spamihilator filters a lot of spam :)

Thanks

Gruß
Anonymous
danarman247

Beitragvon Chactory » 29. Sep 2012, 19:23

Hallo!

That's really brilliant! :)

Regards,
Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Zurück zu English Forum