W7 pop3 email client that works w/Spamilator?

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

W7 pop3 email client that works w/Spamilator?

Beitragvon klxdrt » 4. Aug 2012, 18:40

Hello,

I have lived by the K.I.S.S principle for over 72 yrs so that's why I'm asking the following question.

Can anyone suggest a pop3/smpt email client as close to OE as possible that works with W7. Have used OE for 15-20? yr & have found that it's powerful, innovative and doesn't hickup, it just WORKS fine for my business & workes fine with Spamilater. I have 4-7 pop3 email addresses.

Its important for this email client to import my OE email contact addresses WAB and my pop 3 email addresses IAF files.

cheers,

------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
klxdrt
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Re: W7 pop3 email client that works w/Spamilator?

Beitragvon anbuva » 4. Aug 2012, 21:37

Hallo klxdrt!

KISS --> "Keep it simple, stupid" i understand :wink:

Basically, each mail program running smoothly with Spami. How about using Windows Live Mail?
I do not know how it will work with the import of email addresses. Maybe there are other answers and experiences. :)

Regards
anbuva
anbuva
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon klxdrt » 5. Aug 2012, 14:43

anbuva,

Boy, you guys are good, thanks for the quick informative response.

I'll look further into WinLivMail but the info I'm getting about it is kludgy and contradictory. I'll keep my eyes on this post & see what if any other pop3 email clients show up.

Do you have any idea what your colleagues or forum members are using? Web mail is a definite OUT. Using it will add minutes and errors to most emails I send.

And I don't like the idea of my email addresses on the web in the hands of a 3rd party. Two of my colleagues had their Yahoo accts (contacts) last yr are are still recovering from it and still loosing business. I have my own domain and can setup an email acct in a flash.

Basically, what you are saying is that Spami will work with any po3 email client and will allow me to attach Spami to multiple email accts?

cheers,

------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
klxdrt
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Beitragvon anbuva » 5. Aug 2012, 16:44

Hallo klxdrt!

"Windows Live Mail" is the sequel to "Outlook Express" and serves as the default mail client in Windows 7 The program is also from Microsoft. I am not aware that any information (accounts and passwords) will be transferred to third parties or Microsoft, except for a live account from Microsoft.
Visually, the software looks like Outlook (which i use) with a great preview function on the right side. In this program, you can include any mail-in program protocols and offline. It offers all the features of a modern email program.

Alternatively, I also recommend Mozilla Thunderbird, which is also available for free.

Note: The Downloadfile (to install) is just the setup file. It reloads while installing all the required components from the Internet.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/essentials-other-programs

Apart from "Windows Live Mail" the following programs can be selected: Windows Live Mail, Windows Live Writer, Windows Live Movie Maker, Windows Live Photo Gallery, Windows Live Toolbar, Windows Live Family Safety, Microsoft Office Outlook Connector.

Basically, what you are saying is that Spami will work with any po3 email client and will allow me to attach Spami to multiple email accts?

The programs that I know, yes. :)

Regards
anbuva
anbuva
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Chactory » 5. Aug 2012, 18:08

Hi bicyclist klxdrt!

On the German Chip website you can find the statement, that Windows Live Mail is the replacement of Outlook Express and serves as standard mail client on Windows 7. Their screenshots show, that this program is fairly similar to Outlook Express. As Anbuva already wrote. ;)

It should be of best practice to modify the account settings for Spamihilator manually, using the help on the Spamihilator online help website.

Gruß,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon anbuva » 5. Aug 2012, 18:28

Hallo Chactory!

Right. To avoid trouble, i also recommend the manual settings. :wink:

Regards
anbuva
anbuva
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon klxdrt » 5. Aug 2012, 20:38

Chactory,

Thanks for the help & links. FYI: The link for Chip website did not render in FF, had to use Chrome & translate. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Windows Live Mail looks like a web mail based program. Web mail does not meet my business model or personal requirements, it must be POP3/SMTP.

Cheers,
Below are some fresh baked cookies for you guys:
download/file.php?mode=view&id=644
------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
Dateianhänge
cookie short stack 318 x 600 edited.jpg
cookie short stack 318 x 600 edited.jpg (42.45 KiB) 2463-mal betrachtet
klxdrt
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Beitragvon Chactory » 5. Aug 2012, 21:00

Hello klxdrt!

Thanks a lot! :lol:

I just need some bacon added on it. :lol:

Regards,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon anbuva » 5. Aug 2012, 21:21

Hallo klxdrt!

Windows Live Mail: It looks like it is not. You can manage POP3 (!) and IMAP accounts. This is not webmail. You could also say that it is the little brother of Outlook or a new version of Outlook Express. The name is just different and adapted to the new version of Windows 7.

Regards
anbuva
anbuva
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon klxdrt » 5. Aug 2012, 22:41

anbuva

Thanks for the quick reply.

I downloaded Windows Live Mail & went thru the install program and never did I see anything about pop3/smtp email. WLM wanted me to sign up for Hot Mail? The setup was not clear except mentioning all the great things WLM did which are of no interest to me. I just want pop3/smtp email. Tried Tbird, but it doesn't have a dropdown contact list like OE.

The Chips website had some great stuff/info. I bookmarked it but FF won't render it, so I'm using Google Chrome to translate. Is there an English version as I don't read German. I did try to download some interesting SW, but was unable to as simply & easily as I have been doing for a couple of decades. ??Something about a Chips down loader?? Went by very quickly.

Cheers,

------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
Please pass this on to: Chactory
Dateianhänge
cookie short stackw-bacon.png
cookie short stackw-bacon.png (57 KiB) 2461-mal betrachtet
klxdrt
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Beitragvon anbuva » 5. Aug 2012, 23:02

Hallo klxdrt!

The program is from Microsoft, Microsoft would obviously like that you use Hotmail or Live Mail. But this is not necessary. Any other standard POP3 or IMAP account works so well.

This should help to get started: http://www.freeemailtutorials.com/windo ... lAccounts/ :)

Otherwise, Google is certainly helpful. :wink:

Regards
anbuva
anbuva
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon klxdrt » 6. Aug 2012, 03:14

anbuva,

Much appreciated, will read/study further tomorrow. Been up since 5:30, getting tired, to old (72) for late niters.

Cheers,

klxdrt
------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
klxdrt
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Beitragvon Chactory » 6. Aug 2012, 05:26

Hi klxdrt and anbuva!

@ klxdrt, what about The Bat for your purposes?

Hmm, I still didn't find an equal web site to Chip in English ...

Thanks for the bacon, now I'm strong enough for my first day after the vacancies. :D

Cheers,
Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon anbuva » 6. Aug 2012, 17:01

Hi all!

I personally recommend Windows Live Mail, because it is the direct successor to Outlook Express and Microsoft is the manufacturer and is 100% compatible with Windows. This makes the fewest problems.
But is always a matter of taste. :wink:

Regards
anbuva
anbuva
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon klxdrt » 6. Aug 2012, 18:39

anbuva,

I will be installing today or tomorrow if I don't run into other problems. And will use the FreeMilTutorials website link you guys sent me as a guide.

Will let you know as a follow-up.

Cheers,

klxdrt
------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
klxdrt
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Nächste

Zurück zu English Forum