Messages downloaded multiple times

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

Re: Messages downloaded multiple times

Beitragvon px03afk » 27. Mär 2013, 19:13

Problem has come back again, first time it's happened in a long time. However this time it's really bad on just one machine, I think this is about the tenth time it's downloaded some messages. It really would be helpful if something could be done about this.

I am currently using the 32 bit version of 1.5.0 and have been doing so for some time.
px03afk
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Beitragvon Chactory » 6. Apr 2013, 12:50

Hallo px03afk!

Sorry for not answering, have been sick with a very bad cold, higher 39°C fever over seven days ... Answer coming soon, sorry again.

Gruß
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Chactory » 8. Apr 2013, 17:49

Hi px03afk!

I have read again all our discussion. You have described your findings in the client.log file very clear. To me, it seems there to lie the gist of the matter. So I have written an e-mail to Michel Krämer, the program author of Spamihilator, to ask him for help. Could you once again give more details about how your three machines work? (Day and night, all five minutes, 1000 mails a day, the three machines in three towns in the world, which one marks the mails as received ...?)

Kind regards,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon michel » 13. Mai 2013, 06:10

px03afk hat geschrieben:It therefore looks as though the failure to retrieve messages has upset the list of those which have already been processed, resulting in them being downloaded again as they presumably are no longer present in the list of those already downloaded.

This actually looks like it could be the reason for this issue. I will check this and return to you for sure.

Cheers,
Michel
Chuck Norris doesn't kill Spam. He uses Spamihilator! ;-)
michel
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon px03afk » 21. Dez 2015, 21:33

I was wondering if there has been anything done about this problem. It has hit us very hard in the last few days due to a problem with the our internet connection going up and down. If Spami is trying to read data in when the connection goes down it can sometimes fail to time-out and we have to manually tell it to stop and then we it starts again it downloads all the data on the server. However because the link becomes unstable for a period of time the download can get interrupted multiple times and you can sometimes get up to 10 or more copies of the messages before things stabilise. It would be very helpful to get this problem fixed.
px03afk
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Beitragvon px03afk » 16. Mär 2016, 22:14

I'm still hoping that somebody will look at this problem as it happens again and again and it is very annoying.
px03afk
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Beitragvon Baron23 » 29. Mär 2016, 09:33

I think it is a very intelligent idea to check this question.
Baron23
User
User

Beitragvon DelphaFoddrell » 4. Nov 2016, 09:59

The only issue is you are using a redirect service, which is again-and-again executing. If the link is a download one, it will start the download again and again.
DelphaFoddrell
User
User

Beitragvon px03afk » 12. Mär 2017, 18:28

Has there been any progress on fixing this - it still happens from time to time. The redirector is a red herring. By the time Outlook is downloading the data is all on the hosting server and it matters not how it gets there. There is only one version of the message on the hosting server.
px03afk
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Vorherige

Zurück zu English Forum