Can no longer Export Friends or Blocked list?

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

Can no longer Export Friends or Blocked list?

Beitragvon Ahzz » 27. Jan 2012, 05:49

It seems that the newest version of Spamihilator 1.0.0 has broken both it's own export friends/blocked list ability under the export settings section as well as the Export Senders plug-in version 1.2.2. It seems that the lists have been removed from the spamihilator.ini file & placed in a senders.db file, while both exporters are still looking in the old location. So my question is do we now just copy the senders.db file if we want to back up or transfer our friends/blacked list or is there more to it? Also should the the Export Senders plug in now be moved to the Obsolete Plugins section?
Ahzz
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Re: Can no longer Export Friends or Blocked list?

Beitragvon michel » 28. Jan 2012, 15:05

Hi!

Yes, all you have to do is to backup the senders.db file.

Bye,
Michel
Chuck Norris doesn't kill Spam. He uses Spamihilator! ;-)
michel
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon Ahzz » 2. Feb 2012, 23:10

Thanks for the verification.

Update: I did indeed copy the the senders.db file from a Windows XP Pro 32-bit system to a new Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit system, exited out of Spamihilator, then relaunched it & the full list of friends/blocked senders is now present.

Note: If you're coping it to another machine do it before you enter any senders on the new machine because there is no way to merge the senders.db files & the copied file will overwrite the one already on the machine. However, you can still import the exported friends/blocked senders lists from older versions of Spamihilator.
Ahzz
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Beitragvon Chactory » 4. Feb 2012, 21:22

Hi Ahzz!

Ahzz hat geschrieben:do we now just copy the senders.db file if we want to back up or transfer our friends/blacked list […] ?
michel hat geschrieben:Yes, all you have to do is to backup the senders.db file.

Ahzz hat geschrieben:Also should the the Export Senders plug in now be moved to the Obsolete Plugins section?
You’re right, even though some users could take it for older Spamihilator versions.

Ahzz hat geschrieben:there is no way to merge the senders.db files, & the copied file will overwrite the one already on the machine.
As a manually used workaround, you can read .db files with the SQLite Administrator and copy-paste entries from one file into another.

Kind regards,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Ahzz » 10. Feb 2012, 02:06

Hello Chactory :)

Chactory hat geschrieben:As a manually used workaround, you can read .db files with the SQLite Administrator and copy-paste entries from one file into another.
I downloaded it, fired it up & opened senders.db. At first I didn't see anything, until I clicked on the tab that said "edit data". At that point I got three columns titled "mail", "name" & "block". As I only use the friend list all the "block" entries where 2's. I expect the "blocked" senders would be 1's?

I also noticed that each entry under each column would have to be copied separately. Now as I was reading about SQLite Administrator on their site, they said that data could be imported & exported. So you can export all the senders to a .CSV file, then load your current sender.db file & import all the exported senders into it, complete with their blocked status.

Note, if you're nervous about messing up your current senders.db file & you only use friends or blocked senders like me, you can use Spamihilator's own sender import, the first sender it will offer you to import is "mail" & "name", just reverse them (Spamihilator import expects "name" first) & don't accept the first sender "name(mail)", as it is only the exported column titles. After that you can select which senders to accept or chose to accept them all.

I have verified that both ways of "combining" your sender lists as described above will work.

Many thanks for the link & all the help, Ahzz
Ahzz
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Beitragvon Chactory » 11. Feb 2012, 01:54

Hello!

Ahzz hat geschrieben:As I only use the friend list all the "block" entries where 2's. I expect the "blocked" senders would be 1's?
Hmm, so do I.

Ahzz hat geschrieben:you can export all the senders to a .CSV file, then load your current sender.db file & import all the exported senders into it, complete with their blocked status.
Cool! 8)

Thanks a lot for your contribution, Ahzz! :)

Kind regards,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Bob Loeffler » 29. Jul 2015, 20:29

Hi Chactory and everyone!

I hope all of you are well!

I have finally updated the Export Senders plugin so that it will read the senders.db file. A new version of the plugin (v2.0.0) is available here:

http://www.peaktopeak.com/spamihilator/index.htm

The direct link to it is here:

http://www.peaktopeak.com/spamihilator/ ... _2_0_0.exe

Let me know if you have a problem with it. The plugin is still 32-bit version because I can't compile it for 64-bit.

Regards,
Bob Loeffler
English Spamihilator FAQ - Spamihilator questions and answers in English!
Author of these plugins and filters: Attachment Extensions Filter, Empty Mail Filter, HTML Links Filter, No Comment! Filter, Plain Text Links Filter, Scripts Filter, Unclassified Filter, Export Senders Plugin and Filter Statistics Plugin. See the details here!
Bob Loeffler

Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Zurück zu English Forum