Username with a "+" in it, supported?

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

Username with a "+" in it, supported?

Beitragvon dennisfp1 » 16. Dez 2011, 22:36

Hi, using Spamihilator v1.0. I'm having trouble with an IMAP account under Outlook 2003. At first there are no errors, but Spamihilator doesn't seem to properly check for new messages.

The wizard did not properly auto-configure the IMAP, so I did it manually.

Dunno if this is the problem, but the username in the form of firstname+lastname.com

So what I have listed under username in the IMAP account settings is...

mail.domain.com&firstname+lastname.com

Does Spamihilator fully support the + character, or is there some sort of "escape" character I need to insert to use the "+" in the username?

Any other suggestions? Thanks very much.
dennisfp1
User
User

Re: Username with a "+" in it, supported?

Beitragvon michel » 24. Dez 2011, 11:29

Hi!

The plus character should definitively be supported. If there are no error messages, how do you know Spamihilator does not properly check for new messages? Can you please give us more details?

Bye,
Michel
Chuck Norris doesn't kill Spam. He uses Spamihilator! ;-)
michel
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon dennisfp1 » 24. Dez 2011, 19:02

Michel,

For the most part the connection has now been working after I restarted Spamihilator, so the + character apparently had nothing to do with it.

Once in a while however, Outlook will through up a message that the IMAP server has responded with UID 112 (I *think* that's the number, but memory could be failing) and that command is not supported. After this notice, no messages will download via Spamihilator until I close and open it again.

Bottom line is that I have to restart Spamihilator on occasion to clear up issues. Otherwise, love the program.

Cheers.
dennisfp1
User
User

Beitragvon Chactory » 26. Dez 2011, 21:10

Hello dennisfp1!

Could you give Michel some relevant lines from the client.log and the server.log files, if possible? The IMAP handling seems to be a difficult one, not only for Spamihilator ... :wink:

Kind regards,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon dennisfp1 » 31. Dez 2011, 20:33

Hi Chactory!

I sent a direct message (via this board) to Michel, asking for a direct email address, but no response yet. Don't see any way to attach those files to a board posting -- and incidentally, they don't contain any sensitive info, right?

Regards,
dennisfp1
dennisfp1
User
User

Beitragvon Chactory » 1. Jan 2012, 16:04

Hallo dennisfp1!

Thank you for trying.
It could be one way to put the lines into a forum article, in code brackets.
Another possibility could be to use the option "Dateianhang hochladen".
Furthermore, you can use Michel's e-mail, but this is not the best of the three ideas
and only to use, if the first two possibilities drop out for data privacy protection.

Regards,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Zurück zu English Forum