How to avoid showing spam mail in the recycle bin?

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

How to avoid showing spam mail in the recycle bin?

Beitragvon Romafre » 5. Nov 2011, 18:27

With Spamihilator is there any way that, such as with outlook express, I can avoid to receive in the Recycle bin mail identified as spam? Can this spam mail be erased in the server for instance? I try to use the filter language to stop receiving mail with special words in the subject but I go on receiving them. Why to use then the filter ... just to be sure that it is identified as spam? Thanks
Romafre
Power-User
Power-User

Re: How to avoid showing spam mail in the recycle bin?

Beitragvon Chactory » 6. Nov 2011, 21:08

Hi!

The chief purpose of Spamihilator is to prevent your inbox from receiving spam-mails. That's why it catches them and moves them into the recycle area. For reasons of safety, particularly to avoid false-positive filtering, Spamihilator doesn't erase spam from your mail-server.

Romafre hat geschrieben:I try to use the filter language to stop receiving mail with special words in the subject but I go on receiving them.
To me, it's not clear what you did over there. Please explain a little more detailed, what you were trying to do and how you did it.

Regards, Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Romafre » 7. Nov 2011, 11:02

Thank you for your prompt answer. I am in Portugal and 99,5% of my comunication is in Portuguese. I receive "tons" of mails with such words as "sex", "iPad", and so on. I am not totally interested in receiving (and viewing) such message and I am sure that nobody either of my relation or related to my activity would send me a mail with the word Sex in the subject. What shoul I do just to not see (receive) such mail? Thanks
Romafre
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Chactory » 7. Nov 2011, 19:37

Hi!

If you have set Spamihilator to work, and if you do control your training area regularly, then you should be able to let your Bayesian Filter (Learning Filter) learn from your mail appearance. After some days, Spamihilator will have learned from you.

You can also use the Spam-Word Filter and modify it. I gave the word "sex" only 30%, and if it's 100% to you, you could change it in the list:
sp-aa-01.gif
Edit the probability percentage
sp-aa-01.gif (72.29 KiB) 3249-mal betrachtet

You can compare your setting with mine in the screenshot thread: <click>.

Kind regards to you in Portugal :),
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Romafre » 8. Nov 2011, 10:39

Thank you. I will do that. It seems like we have available in Outlook Express!
Romafre
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Romafre » 8. Nov 2011, 19:09

I am sorry but I feel that I was not clear. I followed all the directions and I go on receiving in the recycle bin the e-mails with the selected words included in the Spam Words filter. What I wanted to ask is ... (if possible) ... what should I do to avoid receiving at all (either in the training or in the recycle bin) the e-mails with the 100% selected words as spam. Meaning never see them again!
In the Outlook Express we can select what to do with the e-mails with such words in it, using the "Mail Rules". I understand that the Spamihilator just receive whatever is coming into the server and make its own judgement. My question ... would it be possible to avoid receiving such e-mails or we must go on seen the same words in the recycle bin althought we had selected them as 100% spam.
I thank you for making available such effective, user friendly and free anti-spam program.
Best regards.
Romafre
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Chactory » 9. Nov 2011, 00:25

Hello Romafre!

Thank you for your friendly feedback! :)

Romafre hat geschrieben:what should I do to avoid receiving at all (either in the training or in the recycle bin) the e-mails with the 100% selected words as spam. Meaning never see them again!

This is not intended by the program author of Spamihilator. It is far safer to use the training area casually, and then screen the pre-marking by Spamihilator.

Kind regards,
Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Romafre » 9. Nov 2011, 21:51

Just to say thank you and to confirm that I grade Spamihilator as AAA anti-spam program.
My Outlook Express received mail tray is 99,7% clean of spam mail.
Danke from Portugal
Romafre
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Chactory » 9. Nov 2011, 22:28

Thank you very much, Romafre! :)
Good luck with Spamihilator and without spam!
Kind regards,
Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Zurück zu English Forum