Imap and X-Brightmail

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

Imap and X-Brightmail

Beitragvon ReCi » 27. Sep 2011, 07:25

I've discovered that some messages aren't intercepted by Spami simply because they are tagged and stored in the server like spam before Spami detection. This could be interesting for all these users trying to get the best tuning up in Spami filters.
ReCi
User
User

Re: Imap and X-Brightmail

Beitragvon Chactory » 27. Sep 2011, 21:03

Hello ReCi!

This could be very interesting. Please describe a little bit more detailed, how you found this. Perhaps the Rule Filter could help to solve this problem. :)

Regards, Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon ReCi » 30. Sep 2011, 13:34

Hi Chactory!

Well, my email client is Thunderbird 6.0.2. The settings are: mail server Imap, gate 143, server name localhost, and user name coping with spami rules. Mail provider Tiscali.it.

After installing Spami I noticed that several spam messages weren't intercepted by the program; simply, they appeared in my spam messages folder already tagged like spam.

This behavior continued even after setting up Spami to the more severe filtering level.

Snooping in my mail provider settings I found a spam filtering option set on and, analyzing the headers of my spam messages I realized that the filtering system used by my provider is a tool named x-brightmail.

Eventually it was easy to understand that, having an imap connection, spam messages were intercepted, tagged like Spam and stored in the mail server before the Spami intervention.

To confirm this I tried to set off, in my provider settings, spam filtering. After this, when I opened Thunderbird all spam messages were intercepted by Spami, tagged like spam and moved to the learning area.

Hope it can help.

Regards,
ReCi
ReCi
User
User

Beitragvon Chactory » 2. Okt 2011, 02:40

Hi ReCi,

thanks for explaining your idea! It is familiar to me, that providers do filter mails already on their servers. But still I do receive some spam-mails by most of my mail-accounts. That's why I think that using Spamihilator still makes sense.

Kind regards,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon ReCi » 2. Okt 2011, 11:27

Hi Chactory!

I agree! In effect to exploit all Spami features I disabled spam filtering of my provider; this give me the feeling I'm fully controlling spam management.

Regards, Renzo.
ReCi
User
User

Beitragvon Chactory » 2. Okt 2011, 12:30

Thank you for your contribution, ReCi! :)
Kind regards, Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Zurück zu English Forum