Spami is not stopping / recording Spam now?

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

Spami is not stopping / recording Spam now?

Beitragvon TechSupport » 23. Sep 2011, 09:52

Hi All

I've had Spami installed for (probably) 5 years + now and had the training off to a T. All of a sudden in the past week it's stopped doing it's job and ALL emails are passed to my client, Outlook Express 6. Nothing in training, nothing in the recycle bin?

I updated to 0.9.9.59 but it made no difference. I now have to deal with around 400 spams a day (I have 17 email accounts for various areas of my support) and it is getting rather tedious

I honestly have not changed a thing, it was working one day then, according to my spam stats in Spami, on 13/09/11 it just started passing everything through without pausing for thought....

I've also noticed that the Status window no longer opens by itself when emails come in - wth is going on, anybody got any ideas coz it's driving me crazy!

I've installed filterstats 1.1.4 to see whether I can figure it out, but a have a sneaking suspicion that it won't help.... anybody had a similar experience, is it a build issue of some kind?

I'm running XP SP3 with 3 gig RAM and a 2.13 GHz dual core processor, not that I think it makes any difference, but being in support myself I'm offering all info that may be relevant

I look forward to any help that anybody can give... please!
If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time
TechSupport
Power-User
Power-User

Re: Spami is not stopping / recording Spam now?

Beitragvon Chactory » 24. Sep 2011, 09:06

Hi!

Did you perhaps disable Spamihilator by an oversight? If so, then it could have happened by rightclick on the Spamihilator tray symbol.

It was a very good idea to install Spamihilator 0.9.9.59, which is a nearly complete version, containing some new features and beeing very stable. Have you installed it over the previous version? So, if there was an inaccurate setting, it could have been transferred to the new installation.

Have you created a second mail account, which is not configured for Spamihilator? Did you take a look into the mail-account configuration in your mail-client? Perhaps the problem lies there …

I’m looking forward to your findings and to your next posting,
kind regards,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon michel » 24. Sep 2011, 10:51

Hi!

By the way, FAQ #P04 also contains some more ideas on this problem:
http://www.spamihilator.com/faq#p04

Bye,
Michel
Chuck Norris doesn't kill Spam. He uses Spamihilator! ;-)
michel
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon TechSupport » 26. Sep 2011, 08:54

Like I said, nothing's changed, Spami just stopped doing its job - I've added no new email accounts and changed none of the existing. 610 spam emails this morning!

Spami runs through each account and the progress bar counts up, but nothing in the box below the progress bar (usually shows how many spams have been removed)

Would changing all the pop3 server names back to the server name (from 127.0.0.1) then uninstall, delete the Spamihilator directory, reinstall fix it do you think - I'm loathe to try it if not due to the many accounts that I will need to reset?
TechSupport
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon TechSupport » 26. Sep 2011, 08:56

Actually, around the time it stopped working I deleted all messages in the training area as there were just to many to sort through (I had a 3 week holiday), could this have any bearing on it?
TechSupport
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon TechSupport » 26. Sep 2011, 16:31

Today it's stopped one Spam and allowed 7 non spams through, according to the Training screen. I've had upwards on 350 spams in my client so far!
TechSupport
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Chactory » 26. Sep 2011, 20:13

Hi,

thank you for your answer. Could you again try to collect some of the questionned informations?

- Rightclick on the Spamihilator tray symbol, is the program disabled?
- Have you installed the version 0.9.9.59 over the previous version?
- Did you check the filtering reasons, shown in the training window, to learn from that?

TechSupport hat geschrieben:Today it's stopped one Spam and allowed 7 non spams through, according to the Training screen. I've had upwards on 350 spams in my client so far!
- Please check, if you have your own mail address within the Friends List.

TechSupport hat geschrieben:nothing's changed, Spami just stopped
Odd … Maybe something is corrupted, e.g. the Learning Filter …

TechSupport hat geschrieben:Would changing all the pop3 server names back to the server name (from 127.0.0.1) then uninstall …
Just be sure you don’t lose any important mail, then uninstall Spamihilator, but DON’T RESET your mail accounts. Then delete any Spamihilator directory or setting from your computer and install it from scratch, but DON’T TOUCH the mail account settings.

Kind regards,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon TechSupport » 27. Sep 2011, 10:10

Ok, I 'bit the bullet' and uninstalled Spami and removed the directory. I then reinstalled only to find that all the pop3 settings were still at port 110? Nothing could be retrieved until I changed it to port 1024 (default for Spami?) - at least the server and username settings were correct :)

Spami is now working again, 7 spams marked already, woohoo!

Thanks for the input Chactory, it spurred me into the unthinkable, reinstalling the software to cure the problem.... something I would not normally advocate

Dave
TechSupport
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Chactory » 27. Sep 2011, 20:49

Hi Dave,

thank you for your positive feedback about the cure of your mail system! :)

TechSupport hat geschrieben:Nothing could be retrieved until I changed it to port 1024 (default for Spami?)
Your mail program and Spamihilator usually work with port 110 for receiving mail. I suppose that there could be another application using 110 (being recently installed), so that Spamihilator needed another port.

Kind regards, Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Zurück zu English Forum