Spamihilator not working

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

Spamihilator not working

Beitragvon balddano » 30. Mär 2011, 22:45

I downloaded the program on 3.30/11 and it began to load all my Outlook 2003 emails, over 5000. It filtered 3242 and left 2155. There are no messages to view in Training or the recycle bin. I can only view 25 in Outlook. This disappointed me so I uninstalled using Windows uninstall program. My Outlook still says filter applied 3242 items although uninstalled. Still can only view 25 of my 2155 non-filtered emails. I want to use this program, but what now?
balddano
User
User

Re: Spamihilator not working

Beitragvon Chactory » 9. Apr 2011, 10:42

Hi balddano!

Sorry for the problems with your mails! There could be two problems, I suspect.

First there is a very big amount of mails to deal with for the newly installed Spamihilator. Perhaps you might have started the receiving mails some more times, until Spamihilator could dowload all mails completely.

Second, we need more informations about how you have installed Spamihilator: Please show us your mail acclount entries (anonymized, of course), and let us know about your security software installed.

Regards, Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon balddano » 12. Apr 2011, 05:12

I think the large number of emails was a problem, but it downloaded all 5000 three times. I had all the email settings correct as per your instructions. I have since deleted all the emails on my server and only have 50 or so now. I uninstalled Spamihilator but now my problem is that Spamihilator filtered all my messages in Outlook 2003 and I cannot get to any of them, all 15000 now. I can send and receive emails. I have searched for all spami files and removed them but all my old emails are locked. Should I reinstall the software in hopes of unlocking my Outlook?
balddano
User
User

Beitragvon Chactory » 12. Apr 2011, 20:00

Hi balddano!

balddano hat geschrieben:I uninstalled Spamihilator but now my problem is that Spamihilator filtered all my messages in Outlook 2003 and I cannot get to any of them, all 15000 now.
I have searched for all spami files and removed them

When you uninstalled Spamihilator and removed all Spamihilator files, then you probably have removed all filtered mails, which had been stored in the Spamihilator recycle bin before.
Spamihilator will never change anything within your mail client. So there are no mails locked in your mail client.
Last chance to restore your mails is to recover them from the files you moved into your Windows recycler.

Sorry that I have no better idea for you.
Regards, Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Spamihilator not working

Beitragvon Luis » 6. Mai 2011, 14:43

Hallo Chactory!

I need your help.
I use XP 32 (AMD 3.000+), Thunderbird, and I did not delete any messages from the server (pop). I installed last night and left the computer turned on all night. Today, the program still is not working and the CPU is at 99%, 98%, 75% usage by Spamihilator. Training and Recicled area are empty. He sees the 704 messages on the server, but no message back to Thunderbird.
He write:
Receiving 704 (7kb) of 704 messages.
204546 kb of 204546kb (42,9kb/s)
Spam messages: 209

But no new messages in Thunderbird. Thunderbird say time is over at 127.0.0.1

Tks for your help

Luis Porto
Luis

Beitragvon Chactory » 6. Mai 2011, 15:57

Hello Luis,

thank you for your question. I hope I can help. At first sight, the problem could even resolve by itself.

It seems as if Spamihilator hangs. This happens only seldom. Spamihilator should be closed or even terminated by the task manager and re-started. Meanwhile, Thunderbird has timed out, waiting for Spamihilator in vain.

The next time you receive your mail, Spamihilator will deliver all the 704 mails to Thunderbird, hopefully.

Regards, Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Zurück zu English Forum