Urgent - Please Help!!!

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

Urgent - Please Help!!!

Beitragvon zigojacko » 30. Dez 2010, 15:27

Please help me someone - my email system is completely screwed for numerous email clients, computers and businesses because of this program!

I installed Spamihilator this morning as I'm desperate to implement some spam prevention across a number of email accounts and since installing the plugin for my Outlook 2007, my send/receive doesn't work at all (just sits there saying 'processing' so I'm not receiving any emails at all), upon installation it decided to scan every single previous email (hundreds of thousands) to check for spam and has placed thousands of emails in my recycle bin/training centre - thousands of these are wanted and extremely important email!

I was given no option to check existing email or select folders - it has crashed this system and locked up/froze numerous times today. The worst part is though, even if I went through all the emails in the recycle bin/training centre and restored them all manually, it is putting them all back in my inbox when it pulled thousands of them out of personal folders!

I am absolutely fuming right now, I have about 12 email accounts across three domains/operating businesses and literally weeks and hours worth of email filtering/organising has completely gone to waste as many of the emails were filed manually (others that were filtered by an Outlook rule can be filed again) - the problem is worse still as I have thousands of dealth with and not dealt with emails from the same email address and the same subject so if I restore the lot, I don't know what is dealt with and what isn't.

I'm really hoping you can tell me a way of sorting this mess out or just reverting everything I've done today please - I have wasted a whole morning trying to deal with this now and I fear that if this can't be quickly resolved, this will literally take months to fix and will essentially bring a business down as we will not have time to deal with our client work as we will be fixing this email system disaster.

Thanks
zigojacko
Power-User
Power-User

Arrrghh!

Beitragvon zigojacko » 30. Dez 2010, 18:37

This forum is a joke, my support post has to be moderated manually before it goes live. In the meantime, this spam plugin has completely ruined the email system in our business!
zigojacko
Power-User
Power-User

Re: Urgent - Please Help!!!

Beitragvon Chactory » 31. Dez 2010, 00:27

Hi,

sorry for your problems! We have a very good online help and FAQ section on the homepage, and the voluntary helpers in the forum will give you advice, if you need help and not only need to let off steam.

Did Spamihilator fetch all the old mails again which you have already stored in your mail client? This is a known problem, occurring in some mail servers the first time ever you check mail with Spamihilator. Reason is that Spamihilator checks every mail still saved on your mail server, of course. And on the very first time, Spamihilator may not be able to recognize, wether a mail is already read or not. So for reasons of safety, Spamihilator will receive them all. Spamihilator is a very useful spam filter, but it has to be set and trained, of course, like every other spam filter. For this purpose, the training window allows to pre-mark the mails as spam or non-spam, as Spamihilator judges them. Spamihilator will never touch your mail client's post boxes.

You can't just revert what you did with your mails. If you have to clear the hundreds of old mails first, you should sort them by date and forget about the older ones, but just deal with the new ones. If I didn't understand what you meant, please describe it again to me.

Thanks,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon zigojacko » 31. Dez 2010, 09:58

Thanks for approving my posts and your reply.

When I installed, yes it seemed to check thousands of emails, it pretty much considered them all to be spam which I find ridiculous, I literally have thousands of legit and extremely 'non spammy' emails sitting in the recycle bin/training centre.

They are however mixed up with thousands of spammy emails as well, what is the best process to restore all these emails? Surely I don't have to add thousands of addresses to my 'friendly list' or whatever? It will take weeks!

I have my Outlook 2007 client set up with numerous emails accounts, some are POP3, some are IMAP, in each, I then have hundreds of personal folders which we organise all our clients/company emails. I also have email forwarders set up for some accounts to personal folders. Some emails are distributed to personal folders using Outlook rules but many are organised manually. Restoring any emails from the training centre seems to just dump the emails back in my inbox for the account. I currently now have nearly 2000 unread emails sitting in my primary email account and I only restored about 3% of the legit emails in training centre. Before I installed your plugin, I had less than 100 emails in my inbox.

Please advise what I can do - What will happen if I just uninstall your plugin? If I perform a Windows System Restore, will this revert my emails back to before I used your plugin?

I seriously don't doubt, it's a great spam filter - I am desperate for some spam prevention in our email system as we get thousands a week across multiple accounts. First encounters though, it would appear your plugin cannot handle large email systems/multiple accounts particularly well as I've been left with a complete mess to deal with which if I have to sort out, will take months (literally) - it will result in at least £5000 worth of lost revenue! I hope you can appreciate my frustrations.
zigojacko
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon zigojacko » 31. Dez 2010, 10:00

And why am I unable to send any email from Outlook anymore? I have emails just sitting in my Outbox not sending :( This is critical.
zigojacko
Power-User
Power-User

Re: Arrrghh!

Beitragvon anbuva » 31. Dez 2010, 10:17

Hallo zigojacko!

Many thanks to Chactory.

From the only first posting for me, unfortunately, i can not recognize much of what has happened and why. A note on the configuration would have been helpful for all.

Problems with sending --> you need to use the old settings (only for sending Emails), so the same again without Spamihilator. Please reset manually in Outlook. Spamihilator is not responsible for sending emails.

By the way, here is a friendly and prompt assistance priority. :)

Regards
anbuva
anbuva
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon anbuva » 31. Dez 2010, 10:22

Hallo zigojacko!

I'm sharing your last posts in the forum. This security is only for protection against spam here and comes only with your (and other persons) first contributions. :)

Regards
anbuva
anbuva
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon zigojacko » 31. Dez 2010, 10:31

Spahiliator seemed to change all my Outlook settings on it's own, I didn't alter anything manually. All my incoming mail servers have been altered to 127.0.0.1 but my outgoing SMTP says the same as it was before.

The only way I can get it to work is to shut down Outlook, restart and re-enter my 'network' password which it keeps asking me for (frustratingly). Even when spamihilator checks incoming mail, it gets so far and then it just hangs (according to the notification area) - then it causes my Outlook send/receive to only get to 11% and doesn't proceed any further.

It just simply doesn't appear to be working for me!
zigojacko
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon zigojacko » 31. Dez 2010, 12:38

I have now removed and uninstalled your program. I have reverted all my account settings in Outlook to start receiving/sending my emails again. I needed faster support that this guys, I appreciate it is free but I wouldn't have cared paying for the support to sort it out, as it turns out, I've lost hundreds of pounds messing around with this!

Now to sort out the mess and thousands of emails it has sent back to multiple inboxes! :evil:

On my experience, I'm afraid there is no way I will be recommending your software/service to any businesses.
zigojacko
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Chactory » 31. Dez 2010, 15:04

Hi to all!

Please let me recapitulate what happened: Zigojacko, you've installed Spamihilator without reading the online instructions first. You've applied Spamihilator to your live system without configuring it for your requirements first. Then you've been overwhelmed by the big amount of mails showed in the training window of Spamihilator.

zigojacko hat geschrieben:Thanks for approving my posts and your reply. [...] I hope you can appreciate my frustrations.
Of course! Sorry for the time-consuming problems! But, at the same time, I do not want Spamihilator to be made responsible for all the mess!

The problem of Zigojacko shows us anyway, that we have to point out more clearly some pitfalls in filtering spam with Spamihilator. We should describe already on the Homepage, and not only in the online help, that Spamihilator needs to be installed very carefully, notedly concerning the mail account entries. And that in some cases, Spamihilator will download all mails still stored on the mail server, when started the first time after install. The mail account setup wizard should be separated more clearly from the program setup process and should contain more warnings and explanations.

With kind regards, Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon anbuva » 31. Dez 2010, 15:18

Hallo Chactory!

One more reason why you should not use the Spamihilator-Wizard, for example. If you have to do something yourself, you will handle it carefully and find out more about what you do. Most users will always start immediately, without being aware of what they (or the software) are doing.

Regards
anbuva
anbuva
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Chactory » 31. Dez 2010, 15:24

Hello Anbuva!

Full ack!

Sincerely,
Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Zurück zu English Forum