Program hangs

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

Program hangs

Beitragvon edcpa » 28. Jul 2010, 17:39

Spamihilator does a fantastic job, and I have used it for many years with no problems until recently. When checking email (almost always the first time each morning) Spamihilator 0.9.9.53 hangs on my first account, and the only way to correct it is to reboot the computer.

Specifically the little window that shows the countdown of messages being received gets to the last message and stops. It shows the last message being received and the spam count stops counting. After reboot it seems to work OK until the last few days, and I have had to go to web mail and delete some of the messages - it then works.

I have 12 email accounts on Outlook Express, and 2 accounts on Mozilla Thunderbird. The only account that experiences this problem is my main account on OE - all others work properly. This account always has over 100 emails in it when the problem occurs. After the initial problem in the morning it works the rest of the day receiving about 250 emails daily - most of which are spam.

I am running XP. I have nine filters active in Spamihilator: Rule, Spam Word, DCC, Image, Link, Learning, Attachment, Empty Mail, & Newsletter Plugin.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.
Ed
edcpa
User
User

Re: Program hangs

Beitragvon Chactory » 29. Jul 2010, 21:27

Hi Ed,

it' very seldom that a strange sort of mail congests Spamihilator ...
It could be of great interest to analyse this sort of mails.
Hmm ... best would be to send Michel Krämer an example, especially the header data.

Regards, Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon michel » 1. Aug 2010, 12:29

Chactory hat geschrieben:Hmm ... best would be to send Michel Krämer an example, especially the header data.

Yeah, that would be nice. If you could send me the original message text of such a mail, I would be able to analyse the problem and probably fix the bug.

Regards,
Michel
Chuck Norris doesn't kill Spam. He uses Spamihilator! ;-)
michel
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon edcpa » 1. Aug 2010, 17:12

I would be happy to do that if I had any idea which email causes the problem. The counter always stops on the last email downloaded, but I think the spam checking has stopped at some point before that. No emails actually download until after I reboot, and then it goes thorugh the entire download again usually without any problems.

I think it could be having a problem with one of the DCC links. I moved the DCC filter to the lowest priority so that very few emails actually hit that filter where as before it was processing about 70% of the emails. Since doing that I have not had the problem, but that has only been about 3 days.

When or if the problem happens again, I will get as many details as possible and send them to you.

Thanks,
Ed
edcpa
User
User

Beitragvon a3des » 3. Feb 2011, 08:58

I have run into this problem several times. It's happening regardless of email client you are using. I have managed the problem by deleting via webmail the emails where spamihilator hangs forever. If it hangs at message 14 with 4k, I'm looking for deleting it in webmail listing then restart spamihilator and everything runs ok.
Just today I had to delete 2 mail on different accounts. One of them had a pdf file attached ( a legit mail and sender), one of them had only 4k and was a spam.
Next time when I catch one of these mails I will forward to one of you to analyze it.
a3des
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Chactory » 3. Feb 2011, 19:07

Hello a3des!

Thank you very much for your comment. Looking forward for an e-mail causing a sticky Spamihilator. :wink:

Regards, Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon a3des » 4. Feb 2011, 10:24

I just catched one an forwarded to may yahoo account.
I need an email address to forward it. I'm looking for a PM from you guys.
a3des
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Chactory » 4. Feb 2011, 15:12

Hi a3des!

Please send your example to Michel Krämer, the program author of Spamihilator. :)

Regards, Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon a3des » 4. Feb 2011, 22:39

Message sent as zipped attachement, otherwise ymail wouldn't let me send it.
I hope it helps, will catch more in the future cause it's anoying problem.
a3des
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon michel » 6. Feb 2011, 17:04

Hi!

Thank you very much for forwarding the message. I put it onto my test mail server and let Spamihilator analyze it. If was thrown into the Recycle Bin by the Learning Filter. The program did not hang.

I'm using the current beta version, which has been improved a lot compared to the current official version (i.e. a lot of bugs have been fixed) and it's already very stable. You may install the beta version and try again:
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=8427

Bye,
Michel
Chuck Norris doesn't kill Spam. He uses Spamihilator! ;-)
michel
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon Chactory » 6. Feb 2011, 18:23

Hi,

just even Michel has published the beta 0.9.9.58, which is as stable as 57.

Regards, Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon anbuva » 6. Feb 2011, 19:28

Hallo Chactory!

:D

Gruß