Newly restored messages stay in recycle bin

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

Newly restored messages stay in recycle bin

Beitragvon Ahzz » 13. Jul 2010, 05:38

I Just installed Spamihilator on a fresh install of windows XP Pro SP3 and am using Windows Live Mail for the mail client. I have Spamihilator set to use "Friend list" only and imported the list from the old machine. Everything appeared to work fine until we started adding new senders to the "Friend list" from the recycle bin. The messages just sit there and are not passed to the the e-mail program, HOWEVER any other e-mails that come through that are on the "Friend list" are passed straight on through, even ones from the newly added senders, just not the "Marked" messages. The messages are in the recycle folder and unmarked messages are removed from the recycle bin like normal when we "empty" the bin. Mind now that I have 5 other machines, all set the same way, (3 xp using outlook express, one other xp using windows live mail and one Windows 7 Pro using Windows Live Mail) and they all work perfect. I really don't know which direction to head with this problem, as no one seems to have the exact same problem posted on the forum.
Ahzz
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Re: Newly restored messages stay in recycle bin

Beitragvon Quellcore » 13. Jul 2010, 11:07

Hallo Ahzz!

Did you try to "Reset Account information" as described in the WIKI:
http://wiki.spamihilator.com/doku.php?id=en:recycle
The next time you check for mails those mails to be restored should get transefered to your mail client.

Regards,
Quellcore
CPU:Intel Core i7-2700K Processor (@ 45*100 = 4500 MHz)
Board:ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3
Ram: 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series (4 x 4GB) DDR3 2133 (Timings 10-10-10-28 2T @ 1866 MHz)
SSD: Samsung 128GB 2.5-inch SSD 830 Series (Desktop)
HDD-1: WD Caviar® SE16 640 GB, SATA2, 16 MB Cache, 7200 RPM
HDD-2: SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 ST2000DL004 2TB 32MB Cache
Graphic: ATI Radeon HD 5850 ASUS EAH5850/G/2DIS/1GD5

Win 7 Ultimate 64-Bit / ESET NOD32 Antivirus 8.0 / Firefox 34 / Thunderbird 31
Spamihilator 1.6.0
Quellcore
Assistent
Assistent

Beta-Tester

Beitragvon Ahzz » 14. Jul 2010, 02:56

Hi Quellcore!

I didn't try it right away because the other messages go through ok.
I'll try it now and get back to you.

Regards,
Ahzz
Ahzz
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Beitragvon Quellcore » 14. Jul 2010, 10:10

Hallo Ahzz!

Just to diffuse confusion:
Make sure to read the linked WIKI-Entry, i was NOT talking about resetting the account settings in your mail client back to the original settings before you installed Spamihilator.
I was talking about this:
Restoring mails into the right mail account hat geschrieben:Spamihilator remembers the origin of every mail in the Recycle Bin by saving the mail's account information. This is useful when checking mails from more than one account. However, you can delete this information by right-clicking on a mail in the Recycle Bin and selecting “Reset account information”. The mail will be restored into the first mail account when checking for new mails the next time.

Regards,
Quellcore
CPU:Intel Core i7-2700K Processor (@ 45*100 = 4500 MHz)
Board:ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3
Ram: 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series (4 x 4GB) DDR3 2133 (Timings 10-10-10-28 2T @ 1866 MHz)
SSD: Samsung 128GB 2.5-inch SSD 830 Series (Desktop)
HDD-1: WD Caviar® SE16 640 GB, SATA2, 16 MB Cache, 7200 RPM
HDD-2: SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 ST2000DL004 2TB 32MB Cache
Graphic: ATI Radeon HD 5850 ASUS EAH5850/G/2DIS/1GD5

Win 7 Ultimate 64-Bit / ESET NOD32 Antivirus 8.0 / Firefox 34 / Thunderbird 31
Spamihilator 1.6.0
Quellcore
Assistent
Assistent

Beta-Tester

Beitragvon Ahzz » 3. Aug 2010, 15:22

Well, I did as you said, resetting the account information on the wayward e-mails and yes they did come into the e-mail program the next time e-mail was checked, finally leaving the "Recycle Bin". However, we have to do this every time we add a sender to the friend list or restore an e-mail, Spamihilator will not send the restored e-mail through by itself, while it does pass through any later e-mails from that sender. I even tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Spamihilator, with no change in behavior. Note: it did save my settings as I did not have to reapply any settings after the reinstall. Which leads me to believe that Spamihilator is storing some settings someplace else, other than it's .ini file? With all the systems I have installed Spamihilator on (Win ME - Win 7) this is the only system that has ever done this. Any ideas why it will not allow the restored e-mails through without having to reset the account information on each one? We are only using one e-mail account, Windows Xp Pro SP3, w/Outlook Express.
Ahzz
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Zurück zu English Forum