spamhilator acts on its own

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

spamhilator acts on its own

Beitragvon spamhilators initiates tries to connect to mailservers on its own » 2. Feb 2010, 14:31

Since a few (2-3 maybe) days ago i have problems with spamhilator suddenly tries to connect to multiple mailservers on it own, every 10 minutes or so,
without me initiating it.
I've been usisng spamhilator for more then a year and i have never had this problem before.
I always close my email client after i am finished with checking for new emails.

I updated to version .52 maybe a week ago and i updated to
version .53 today but the problem persists.

I also have had problems with Spamhilator switching usernames for my two ISP mail accounts when performing new/update installations. Simply before update my isp account 1 and account 2 had the correct usernames in the mail client settings but after installation/update the usernames have been switched so that Account 1 now tries to connect with the username for account 2 and vice versa.

I use Mozilla Thunderbird version 3.01 as my mail client and i also have ESET Smart Security v. 4.0
spamhilators initiates tries to connect to mailservers on its own

Re: spamhilator acts on its own

Beitragvon LupusLupus99 » 2. Feb 2010, 15:42

sorry it was I who posted thistopic.
the form was in german so i accidentially entered the topic
as the username :oops:
LupusLupus99
User
User

Beitragvon Quellcore » 6. Feb 2010, 21:55

LupusLupus99 hat geschrieben:Since a few (2-3 maybe) days ago i have problems with spamhilator suddenly tries to connect to multiple mailservers on it own, every 10 minutes or so, without me initiating it.

Spamihilator is a proxy who doesn't initiate any connection to your mailserver, it's simply listening on a port (110 by default).
Didi you install the Pop3Notifier by any chance :?:
This is most likely the reason for your observation.
LupusLupus99 hat geschrieben:I also have had problems with Spamhilator switching usernames for my two ISP mail accounts when performing new/update installations. Simply before update my isp account 1 and account 2 had the correct usernames in the mail client settings but after installation/update the usernames have been switched so that Account 1 now tries to connect with the username for account 2 and vice versa.

I would suspect Thunderbird 3.x to be the bad guy here, see below.
I like Thunderbird and Spamihilator a lot myself, they work flawlessly together.
Did you correct the mixed up accounts in Thunderbird manually yet :?:
Do they work now :?:
LupusLupus99 hat geschrieben:I use Mozilla Thunderbird version 3.01 as my mail client and i also have ESET Smart Security v. 4.0

I updated to Thunderbird 3.x myself, a lot of things went wrong during this update. I hade to fiddle around with my accounts to straighten everything out.

Regards,
Quellcore
CPU:Intel Core i7-2700K Processor (@ 45*100 = 4500 MHz)
Board:ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3
Ram: 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series (4 x 4GB) DDR3 2133 (Timings 10-10-10-28 2T @ 1866 MHz)
SSD: Samsung 128GB 2.5-inch SSD 830 Series (Desktop)
HDD-1: WD Caviar® SE16 640 GB, SATA2, 16 MB Cache, 7200 RPM
HDD-2: SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 ST2000DL004 2TB 32MB Cache
Graphic: ATI Radeon HD 5850 ASUS EAH5850/G/2DIS/1GD5

Win 7 Ultimate 64-Bit / ESET NOD32 Antivirus 8.0 / Firefox 34 / Thunderbird 31
Spamihilator 1.6.0
Quellcore
Assistent
Assistent

Beta-Tester

Beitragvon LupusLupus99 » 8. Feb 2010, 15:05

hello again, no i dont use pop3 notifier, however the "auto connect" stopped by it self.
Initially it was only active while using a vpn connection.

about he account mix up yes i fixed it manually and it works now.
However i have experienced the same before with thunderbird 2.x.
LupusLupus99
User
User

Zurück zu English Forum