update complaint

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

update complaint

Beitragvon Rein » 26. Jan 2010, 11:57

On the last update the program made changes which it shouldn't, I think.
First it said that the original settings would be kept.
That is not true. The pugins setting was changed. Some plugins even disappeared, and had to be installed again, the order was changed completely.

Second, and that's really annoying, it shows in the learning facility the email from friends (as not classified - and luckily- as non spam).
I want to mark only spam or non spam, which is incorrectly marked, to learn. Before you could easily select the unmarked spam, and know by sight if its was correctly seen as non-spam (in a I blink). Now I have to check ànd if a sender is already seen as friend (if correctly marked as non-spam which I do most of the times), and if it is spam.
spielen ist gut für jeder
Rein
Spam-Killer
Spam-Killer

Re: update complaint

Beitragvon Chactory » 26. Jan 2010, 14:27

Hello Rein!

True, the saving of the settings is not provided in all its consequence ... I think that this results from the major changes which do not allow to use all the previously appreciated plugins furthermore.

The second result may be due to a setting in the filter properties. If "lerne automatically from my friends" is activated, mails from senders listed in the friends list will not show up in the training facility. Please take a look into your Spamihilator settings and under the item training area, let Spamihilator pre-mark mails received.

Regards, Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

learning from friends

Beitragvon Rein » 30. Jan 2010, 14:34

I indeed do not learn from friends, and haven't done so in the former version.
And I don't want to either. I made the choice some years ago, because it polluted the learning filter in an extreme way. In fact, it became the worst performing filter of all. If I could switch it off, I would have done so!
- but I can't because I think the link filter uses it as well. True?

For instance:
I have a English newsletter while I 'program' the non-spam filter in a way it recognizes only Dutch words (very effective!). Not a combination that works when the learningfilters learns to see the newsletter as non-spam of course.

Conclusion: as I see it it's a not good adjustment
Rein
Spam-Killer
Spam-Killer

Re: learning from friends

Beitragvon Chactory » 30. Jan 2010, 15:18

Hi Rein,

by the way, didn't you active the pre-mark function of Spamihilator in the training window? (You have written about a problem concerning that in the last sentences in your first posting.)

Perhaps you are dealing with the same problem I'm concerning about a while: Normally, you should collect newsletters in the NEwsletter Filter, but there is no function programmed to collect newsletter senders in that filter, unfortunately. Normally, you should collect all newsletters by their signature or assembled receiver adress, and - not yet programmed - sender address, and not show them in the training window, and not learn from them, because they will badly pollute the Learning Filter. To me it seems that you have collected your newsletters in the friends list, which is not very useful ...

Hmm, I think you should be able to use the Link Filter and deactivate the Learning Filter. But I would rather recommend to you to clean the memory of the polluted Learning Filter and never pollute it again with newsletters.

Regards, Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Re: learning from friends

Beitragvon Chactory » 5. Feb 2010, 20:52

Hi!

I'm a little bit unhappy about not getting an answer any more, because I have thought over this problem very carefully.

Regards, Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Rein » 6. Feb 2010, 11:17

Sorry that you waited for a reply.
The new update changed all, and I was waiting for some experience with it.
The 'friends' mails are marked now as filter, that's something.
But I still are wondering why they appear in the training area at all. They didn't in the past, and I think it's complete unnecessary.
Really still annoying is the fact that it doesn't react as a filter: it mingles with the not filtered mails (it doesn't sort out in the list). Is that because the "()" as "(friend)"? Than it should be removed. Otherwise: please do not make those mail appear in the trainingarea.

My remark about newsletters was only to point out how mail from friends can pollute the trainingwords. In other mails it can happen as well. From a lot of mails from friends I don't want that they are learned from.

I don't use the newsletter plugin, because I don't trust it, and have not that much newsletters.

I haven't have have anything premarked at all.
Also because the learning filter is the most unreliable of all filters - if there are mistakes being made than it is for sure with this filter. If the "link filter" wasn't that great I would skip it.
Rein
Spam-Killer
Spam-Killer

Beitragvon Chactory » 6. Feb 2010, 14:51

Hi Rein,

thank you for answering! :)

Rein hat geschrieben:The 'friends' mails are marked now as filter

Perhaps your remark concerns the following settings:
Clipboard04.gif
Clipboard04.gif (39.79 KiB) 4461-mal betrachtet
Clipboard01.gif
Clipboard01.gif (46.2 KiB) 4461-mal betrachtet

As I understand Spamihilator, you can configure the behaviour of the friends list and the training area after your requirements.

The Learning Filter (Bayesian Filter) is the heart of every spamfilter software. If it doesn't work with your installation, perhaps it is polluted, and so you may want to clean it's memory:
Clipboard02.gif
Clipboard02.gif (54.07 KiB) 4461-mal betrachtet

Rein hat geschrieben:I haven't have have anything premarked at all.

If you would activate the pre-mark function, then you would find understanding the useage of Spamihilator much easier.

Sincerely, Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

new spamwords in spamwordsfilter

Beitragvon Rein » 6. Feb 2010, 14:59

There are a lot of new spamwords in the spamwordsfilter, especially those with (){} and lookalikes.
I thought great: only spammers use those crazy things.
To my astonishment that's not true.
Realy realy normal email seems to have those - at least that's what the filter says. But when I take a look: no sign of them. I even made a htm file of it and looked in Homesite to look at the HTML codes.... nothing.

But one way or the other: it seems that those new 'words' suck!
Should I reduce them to zero %, or are not all of those a problem...
(ps: thought it would be easy to place this message here - but if you want me to make a new thread, I'll do it)
Rein
Spam-Killer
Spam-Killer

Beitragvon Rein » 6. Feb 2010, 15:10

Thank you - I missed that new possibility.

About the cleaning of the learning filter: I did that quit a few times, as well as my partner on her computer. But the problem appears after a while (and of course at the beginning when you train intensively).
Rein
Spam-Killer
Spam-Killer

Re: new spamwords in spamwordsfilter

Beitragvon Chactory » 6. Feb 2010, 15:19

Hi Rein,

thanks for posting your findings.

The Spamword-Filter should be positioned as the second-last one, directly before the Learning Filter (Bayesian Filter). It contains many so-called spam-words for to recognize spam-mails. The spam-words containing parentheses are regular expressions, they are able to recognize various similar contents in spam-mails.

I'm really alarmed, getting to hear that you have false-positive filterings with it! So please help me to identify the problem.
Rein hat geschrieben:Realy realy normal email seems to have those - at least that's what the filter says. ... But one way or the other: it seems that those new 'words' suck!
You can deactivate the filter in the settings. But please give me an example, containing the concerned spam-word and a description of the mail.

This is only the second watching of a false-positive sieving of the Spamword-Filter until now - and the first one was the recognition of a four-character string within an image within a mail.

Regards, Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Chactory » 6. Feb 2010, 15:40

Hi Rein, again! :)

Rein hat geschrieben:About the cleaning of the learning filter: I did that quit a few times, as well as my partner on her computer. But the problem appears after a while (and of course at the beginning when you train intensively).

Chactory hat geschrieben:
Rein hat geschrieben:I haven't have have anything premarked at all.

If you would activate the pre-mark function, then you would find understanding the useage of Spamihilator much easier.

Sincerely, Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Rein » 8. Feb 2010, 10:06

I send an email to the emailadres of Michael, but maybe that was the wrong one.
Of course I can't place an email on this page, so where can I send it to.
I really want to help....
I forgot your other remark.
Before I unchecked the premark function I used it for quite some years.
Just because I was not satisfied with the learning filter I unchecked it.
I believe I even posted about that problem on this forum.
Rein
Spam-Killer
Spam-Killer

Beitragvon Chactory » 8. Feb 2010, 10:48

Hello Rein,

thanks for answering! :)

Please look into the impressum for Michel Krämer's mail address. Perhaps you could submit a copy per PN (Persönliche Nachricht, personal message) to me, too.

Rein hat geschrieben:Just because I was not satisfied with the learning filter I unchecked it.
I guess this is due to some filter pollution or to other obstacles. Some of our users work mainly with that filter. Former spam-filter programs have operated only by Bayesian filtering.

Kind regards, Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Rein » 12. Feb 2010, 14:05

I did send you (Michel in fact) two mails and asked for a sending confirmation.
I did not receive such.
Therefore I ask it on this place.
Rein
Spam-Killer
Spam-Killer

Beitragvon michel » 15. Feb 2010, 20:47

Hi!

Sorry, I did not know how to handle these mails because I did not read this thread yet. I just forwarded the mails to Chactory. Hopefully they will not be catched by his Spamihilator :)

Regards,
Michel
Chuck Norris doesn't kill Spam. He uses Spamihilator! ;-)
michel
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Nächste

Zurück zu English Forum