Restore friends after upgrade

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

Restore friends after upgrade

Beitragvon uriyehidi » 31. Dez 2009, 13:14

Hi,

Just upgraded to 9.52. During the install it deleted the prev version (made backup). Now all my friends are deleted inspite of the fact it told me the settings will not be affected. How do I restore my friends (I miss my Friends... Ha Ha Ha)

Thanks

Uri
uriyehidi
User
User

Re: Restore friends after upgrade

Beitragvon anbuva » 31. Dez 2009, 14:58

Hallo uriyehidi!

which Spamihilator-version had you previously? If there still a backup from the old version?

Regards
anbuva
anbuva
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon uriyehidi » 31. Dez 2009, 20:20

anbuva hat geschrieben:Hallo uriyehidi!

which Spamihilator-version had you previously? If there still a backup from the old version?

Regards
anbuva

i used 0.9.9.44. Backed up during uninstall
uriyehidi
User
User

Beitragvon Chactory » 4. Jan 2010, 17:04

Hallo uriyehidi!

Perhaps it will work with the Spamihilator settings. On the first page u can find the import button.

Gruß
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon tetris » 5. Feb 2010, 18:39

Hallo Chactory!

I am trying to update from a previous version (9.9.4.4) and the option to keep personal settings
is grayed out. I want to make sure my friends come along with me to the new version.
I understand I can import them but I have friends that aren't in my address book but are marked as friends in Spami. I don't see an option to export my friends from my current friends list and
I have A LOT of entries. Is there a way to EXPORT them so I can IMPORT them to the new version?

Gruß
Anonymous
tetris

Beitragvon Chactory » 5. Feb 2010, 20:38

Hi Tetris,

I think I can well understand what you're saying. Perhaps we can find a workaround for that.

Did you already look into Spamihilator's system directories? In "C:\Documents and Settings\WINDOWS_USER\Application Data\Spamihilator" (or similar), you will find a file "spamihilator.ini", which contains many important settings and definitions. Go to the section "[SENDERS]", and find lines like "michel@spamihilator.com=michel@spamihilator.com,2". The numerator at the end of the line defines whether friend ("2") or foe ("1"). Now just copy all the lines, save them in a text file, and paste it after new installation of Spamihilator 0.9.9.53. You'd better not copy the whole ini-file, because you should install the new version from scratch, even deleting all Spamihilator folders completely. Spamihilator 0.9.9.53 includes too much changes (improvements, of course)!

Regards, Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Zurück zu English Forum