Spamihilator 0.9.9.52

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

Spamihilator 0.9.9.52

Beitragvon michel » 23. Dez 2009, 13:59

Dear Spamihilator users!

The new Spamihilator version 0.9.9.52 has just been released. For this version the internal spam filters have been improved a lot to gain a higher spam recognition rate. Besides there is now a 64-bit version of Spamihilator for the first time!

Furthermore, Spamihilator's user interface has been improved and a lot of bugs have been fixed. Installing the new version is recommended for all users.

Please download Spamihilator from the following website:
http://www.spamihilator.com/download

These are the main changes in this version:
  • Improved spam recognition rate
    • Improved efficiency of the Learning Filter (added new classification algorithms)
    • Added more pre-defined spam words to the Spam Word Filter
  • Created native 64-bit version
  • Tested with Windows 7
  • Improved performance on multi-core systems
  • Added shortcuts to the start menu to open Spamihilator windows like Recycle Bin or Training Area
  • Improved user interface for increased usability
  • Improved IMAP compatibility
  • Improved general performance
  • Fixed several bugs
  • Added MSI-based installer for deployment within companies
  • and much more ...

I'd like to wish all Spamihilator users and their families a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Thanks,
Michel Krämer
Chuck Norris doesn't kill Spam. He uses Spamihilator! ;-)
michel
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Re: Spamihilator 0.9.9.52

Beitragvon Tronix » 23. Dez 2009, 20:17

I can't seem to load any new plugins with the 64-bit version. Is there a workaround for this?
Tronix

Beitragvon michel » 24. Dez 2009, 08:33

Hi!

Please check the directory the plugins are installed into. Most plugins are 32-bit and so the install to "C:\Program Files (x86)", but the 64-bit version of Spamihilator resides in "C:\Program Files". You have to manually copy the "plugins" subdirectory from the first one to the second one.

Sincerely,
Michel Krämer
michel
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon TronixA » 24. Dez 2009, 08:58

I think I figured it out. Rather than copy the plugins to the "plugins3" directory, I copied the entire plugins folder from the 32-bit plugin and it seemed to work.

Thanks!!
TronixA
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon TronixA » 26. Dez 2009, 05:40

I found one more issue with the 64-bit version of Spamihilator. When trying to use the Hercule filter and configure it, the program will then freeze right after the configure button is pressed. Is there anything that can be done to prevent this from happening? The configure button will also lock up the misspelled filter and foreign language filter all written by Edy.
Thanks!
TronixA
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Bob Loeffler » 26. Dez 2009, 20:46

Hi TronixA,

I saw a message from a few days ago in the Spami Beta forum that recommended not using the Hercule filter because it has not been updated recently and will not work correctly with the latest versions of Spami. I don't know if Edy is going to update his filters or not.

Regards,

Bob
English Spamihilator FAQ - Spamihilator questions and answers in English!
Author of these plugins and filters: Attachment Extensions Filter, Empty Mail Filter, HTML Links Filter, No Comment! Filter, Plain Text Links Filter, Scripts Filter, Unclassified Filter, Export Senders Plugin and Filter Statistics Plugin. See the details here!
Bob Loeffler

Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon Bob Loeffler » 26. Dez 2009, 20:51

I haven't been able to load the Attachment Extensions Filter after upgrading to .52 and then reinstalling the filter. I get a "104" error when Spamihilator starts up. I was also getting the same error when I tried to use the RFC filter, so I have deleted that one. I will soon look into why the Attachment Extensions Filter is not loading.

Regards,

Bob
English Spamihilator FAQ - Spamihilator questions and answers in English!
Author of these plugins and filters: Attachment Extensions Filter, Empty Mail Filter, HTML Links Filter, No Comment! Filter, Plain Text Links Filter, Scripts Filter, Unclassified Filter, Export Senders Plugin and Filter Statistics Plugin. See the details here!
Bob Loeffler

Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon AlexV » 27. Dez 2009, 09:30

Unless I'm missing something, none of the 32 bit plugin dlls will work under 64 bit Spamihilator. Certainly none of mine appear to. I'll try recompiling them for 64 bit and see if they work then.

32 bit dll's can't generally be loaded by 64 bit processes. Perhaps you have done something very clever to allow Spamihilator to load 32 bit plugins, but if you have, it doesn't seem to be working, at least for me.

Alex
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon AlexV » 27. Dez 2009, 10:13

Hmm... can't get my plugins to work with the 32 bit version either. It complains about Error Code 6: The plugin does not define a public CreatePlugin() function.

Is there an updated SDK somewhere?
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon michel » 27. Dez 2009, 14:49

Hi!

Please note the following two things:

1) 32-bit plugins have to be copied to the folder where Spamihilator is actually installed. For example, if you have a 64-bit operating system and the 64-bit Spamihilator version you have to copy the plugins to "C:\Program Files\Spamihilator" and not "C:\Program Files (x86)\Spamihilator".

2) There are two subdirectories for plugins now. "plugins3" contains plugins using the new plugin interface which has not been released yet. So, you should copy your DLLs to the "plugins" subdirectory (without 3). This should make the error message go away.

By the way, I tested some of Alex' plugins and they so work under 64-bit indeed.

Regards,
Michel
michel
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon AlexV » 27. Dez 2009, 15:45

Ah, that explains a lot, thank you! I hadn't realised there were now two plugins folders, "plugins" and "plugins3". Nice work with the 32bit plugin compatibility, by the way.

My misnamed filter plugin seems to be causing a crash in spamihilator_32bit_bridge.exe though - I'll look into it and see if I can figure out why. Unfortunately, after it crashes it won't work again until I delete C:\Users\Family Vallat\AppData\Roaming\Spamihilator\shared\*.
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon michel » 27. Dez 2009, 16:56

AlexV hat geschrieben:My misnamed filter plugin seems to be causing a crash in spamihilator_32bit_bridge.exe though

You're right. The 32-bit bridge is not very stable at the moment. It would be better if we had native 64-bit plugins (see other post). In the meantime the bridge is a nice workaround.

If you get crash dumps, send them to me. This may allow me to fix bugs in the bridge for the next Spamihilator version.

Regards,
Michel
michel
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon AlexV » 27. Dez 2009, 17:53

I've recompiled all my plugins as x64, with the old plugin SDK - I'll run with them for a while here and make sure there are no nasty surprises.

I've sent the crashdump to you at the errorreport@ email address. It was a crash in the plugin (caused by a missing registry entry), not Spamihilator. For Spamihilator, you could improve the error reporting by saying which plugin caused it (I had to figure it out by process of elimination!), and recovery so that Spamihilator continues running, just without running the offending plugin.

Alex
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon michel » 27. Dez 2009, 19:08

AlexV hat geschrieben:I've recompiled all my plugins as x64, with the old plugin SDK - I'll run with them for a while here and make sure there are no nasty surprises.

This should work without the bridge, but I've never tested it. Is the bridge still started or not?

AlexV hat geschrieben:For Spamihilator, you could improve the error reporting by saying which plugin caused it (I had to figure it out by process of elimination!)

Yes, that would be nice, but exception handling is sometime very tricky in C++ and most of the time you cannot say if a plugin crashed or the main program.

Regards,
Michel
michel
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon AlexV » 27. Dez 2009, 20:11

michel hat geschrieben:This should work without the bridge, but I've never tested it. Is the bridge still started or not?
No, once all plugins are 64 bit, the bridge is not started, as expected. I don't know if there's some performance benefit to this or not - logically you'd think so, but I didn't do any measurements.
AlexV
Spam-Massenmörder
Spam-Massenmörder

Plugin-Programmierer

Nächste

Zurück zu English Forum