DCC Filter

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

DCC Filter

Beitragvon Willaume » 3. Dez 2009, 12:00

Hello to everybody !

Often my DCC Filter classify as spam a mail that is supposed to contain many recipients !

ex Reason : 2364 users have received this message ...? In fact the message has only one (1) recipient ! one (1) recepient e-mail address ...no more !

What can I do in order to avoid this problem ?

Regards

Willaume
Willaume
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Re: DCC Filter

Beitragvon Chactory » 3. Dez 2009, 13:41

Hello Willaume!

Thank you for your note. Perhaps I can give you a hint for solving the problem.

As you write, I think there are two problems. The first is, one should use a very high threshold, that is 1200. I think this would catch spam-mails, but receive mails sent to a recipient group. The second problem is, that mails containing very few text may generate a very similar or identical checksum. I have this problem extremely seldom, but if it applies to your problem, perhaps you could help me with an example mail?

Regards, Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Willaume » 3. Dez 2009, 16:31

Bonjour Chactory

Thanks for your answer !

I would be glad to send you the mail concerned . Would you please be kind enough as to remember me how to proceed to send you copy of an e-mail ....I did before ...long time ago ...and I forgot .
Are you interested by the full e-mail or only the "Source of message "

Thank you very much for your help

Willaume
Willaume
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Beitragvon Willaume » 3. Dez 2009, 16:44

Hi Chactory I found your e-mail address on your Web page http://www.chactory.de/

and I did send copy of the concerned mail to this address ? Is that OK ?
Willaume
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Beitragvon anbuva » 3. Dez 2009, 17:52

Hallo Willaume!

unfortunately, the DCC is not so optimal yet that it still filters wrongly (relatively high threshold), too. The hash total still should be refined. Spami does not have influence on it there, however. The DCC-Team should do this (i think :? ). Altogether, it is a very good filter, however.

Regards
anbuva
anbuva
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Chactory » 3. Dez 2009, 22:58

Hi Willaume and Anbuva!

Willaume, thank you for giving me an example for those mails you mean! :) I have tried to understand it, and I can't help judging it just too similar to spam-mails, sorry to say. Although I assume that this mail you copied for me is sent only to selected customers, it's an advertising e-mail, containing typical spam words as e.g. "gratuite", "garantie", "millions", "internautes", "vous", "pour", "choisissez" and "messagerie". I guess that's why the hash-value processed by the DCC Filter might be identical with other really spam, unfortunately. A possible solution for that problem could be a more detailed and extended text, describing the company more individually. Hope that helps. :)

Kind regards, Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Willaume » 4. Dez 2009, 16:58

Hi Chactory and Anbuva

Thank you very much for your information !

If I got another e-mail more significant I will send you !

Have an nice weekend !
Willaume
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Beitragvon Chactory » 4. Dez 2009, 17:15

Hi Willaume!

Thank you for your friendly feedback! :)

Regards, Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Zurück zu English Forum