emails tagged spam deleted from mailserver

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

emails tagged spam deleted from mailserver

Beitragvon ebdjpg » 25. Sep 2009, 11:01

Hi,

I'm using spami 9.9.44 on 2 different computers with POP3 accounts.
I chosed option to leave the messages on Mail-Server when retrieving them.

I find out that * when spami is tagging "Spam" an email, it deletes it from the Mail-Server *.
Then, I'm no more able to retrieve it on the other computer as email was deleted.
Can you confirm this unexpected behavior ?
This is very embarrassing for falsely detected Spam: you can retrieve it from the recycle on 1st computer but you won't get it on the 2nd computer.

Besides, I'm using my POP3-email reader often with "retrieve headers only", but it seems that spami is always downloading the entire messages (In fact I would need very simple anti-SPAM filters, that work only on Subject(ie: not containing ***SPAM***,Sender,and Dest : no need to download the message body). This is taking a lot of CPU...

Thxs for this great anti-SPAM. I still receive some spam and get falsely detected ones, but that helps me a lot.
ebdjpg

Re: emails tagged spam deleted from mailserver

Beitragvon ebdjpg » 30. Sep 2009, 10:01

Hi again,

Well, no answer? Am I the only one to get this unexpected behavior?
Or maybe I didn't express myself clearly?
Let's try this version:

I'm using POP-email-readers with the option to leave messages on email-server (pop.wanadoo.fr), in order to be able to read 30days email from any computer.

This is functionning well with emails not detected as spams by spami.
When spami detects a SPAM, then it deletes it from the mail-server (and put it on spami recycle). This is a BUG according to me.

Can anyone confirm me this is a bug, or show me an option to select, or ask me more details ?

Thxs,
ebdjpg

Beitragvon Chactory » 30. Sep 2009, 19:52

Hi ebdjpg,

sorry, I haven't seen your first posting until today.

Please try to set Spamihilator to keep mails on the server until you empty your recycle bin. Enter 30 days into the recycle bin retain time.

Yes, Spamihilator needs to download the whole mail to assess it, but we have discussed this issue previously, and a later version may contain a possibility to download headers only.

Kind regards,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon ebdjpg » 2. Okt 2009, 03:24

Hi,

Thanks a lot Chactory, one of my computer was effectively having such option "keep spam mail on the server until I delete them from the recycle bin" unchecked.
Probably I unchecked it while I didn't understand the meaning of this option.

That should be OK now.

Thxs,
ebdjpg

Beitragvon Chactory » 2. Okt 2009, 11:18

Hi ebdjpg!

Thank you very much for your friendly feedback! :)

Regards, Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Zurück zu English Forum