Portable Spamihilator.... really need it !

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

Portable Spamihilator.... really need it !

Beitragvon Winston » 14. Apr 2009, 15:06

Hi there,

Spami is great !
I really like the program but I can't really use it because I'm almost always on the move.
It's really important for me to find a version of Spamihilator that is portable or to mod an existing version for this purpose.

At the moment I'm testing the latest version of spami and while running the installer I captured with InstallRite the changes it made to my sytem.
I made a copy of the "C:\Program Files\Spamihilator" folder to my USB drive and then uninstalled the program from my PC.
I ran the program from my USB drive and got an error because the program couldn't find spsplib1.dll because the Spami installer puts it in the sytem32 folder.
Windows could not find it anymore because I uninstalled it.
So I reinstalled Spami just to copy the spspli1.dll to my Spamihilator folder on my USB stick and I uninstalled the program again.
When I run Spami from my USB drive I don't get any errors anymore but the program can still not establish a SSL connection to my Hotmail accounts.

In a topic on this forum somebody stated that version 0.9.9.10 should be portable.
I tried this version but it doesn't work for me.
Spami tries to make a SSL connection but it returns the error "wrong user name or password"

I hope you can help me to find a solution....
Winston

Re: Portable Spamihilator.... really need it !

Beitragvon Chactory » 15. Apr 2009, 15:23

Hi Winston!

Thank you for your interesting posting. I'm not expert in computer engineering, so I hope that Michel Krämer, the program author of Spamihilator, will read your article. As far as I know, you can't use your hotmail accounts with a mail client anyway, or do I miss something important ...

Regards, Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Zurück zu English Forum