Spam gets forwarded to Mailclient, but no trace in Spami

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

Spam gets forwarded to Mailclient, but no trace in Spami

Beitragvon Quellcore » 23. Feb 2009, 06:12

IMPORTANT:
###########################################################
This thread is only important for situations where mails get forwarded to the mailclient without any trace of these mails in the training area.

If these missclassified mails also appear in the training area you have a different scenario and might not be able fix the false negatives by working your way through this list.
###########################################################

Work your way through this list, you'll pretty likely be done after "Point 2 Friendslist".
  1. Account
    account on which you receive that mail is not configured to work through Spamihilator.
    Please see the Spami-Wiki how to adjust the account settings in your mailclient accordingly.
  2. Friendslist
    (fake) Sender of that mail is on your firends list while ""Automatically learn from messages from my friends" is activated.
    This is the most likely reason in most of the cases.
    Spammers pretty often use your own mail adress as a fake sender ("From:" Field in the Mailheader)
    As a result of this you shouldn't put your own mailadress(es) on the friendslist within Spami :!:
    Please make sure to also check for wildcard-entries in the friendslist that match one of your own adresses.
  3. Newsletter-Plugin
    You've put your own mailadress in the section "Newsgroups" within the Newsletter-Plugin while "Don't store Newsletters in the Trainings Area" is activated.
    See the Spami-Wiki for further information.
  4. Unknown Plugin
    In theory Spami's plugin architecture allows every plugin to decide whether a copy of a classified (Spam or Non-Spam) mail should be created in Spami's Training Area or not.
    The Newsletter-Plugin is the only Filter/Plugin where the user can actually manipulate this behaviour to not create a copy of a Non-Spam mail in the Training Area.
    Up to this day i have not heard of any other Filter/Plugin that does that, but in theory it would be possible. Maybe you even wrote your own little plugin that uses this feature and never told anybody else about this great achievement.

If you still can't figure out why Spam gets transfered to your mailclient without showing up in the Training Area enable filter logging within Spamihilator.
The easiest way to do this is to install Bob's Filter Statistics v1.1.1 and enable filter logging in the plugin's settings.

If for whatever reason you don't want to install this plugin (you should, though ;-) ) you can enable filter logging manually:
http://www.spamihilator.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=36751#p36751

After a restart Spami will log all filtering. This is done for every mail that reaches Spami and includes the reason (e.g. Friend, Blocked Sender, Plugin BlaBlaBla)
Depending on the Spami version and the installation method this file called filter.log might be in Spami's installation folder or in the USER-Folder. It will be created when the first new mail is received by Spami, so if you didn't receive any new mails through Spami don't panic that you can't find that file.

Regards,
Quellcore
CPU:Intel Core i7-2700K Processor (@ 45*100 = 4500 MHz)
Board:ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3
Ram: 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series (4 x 4GB) DDR3 2133 (Timings 10-10-10-28 2T @ 1866 MHz)
SSD: Samsung 128GB 2.5-inch SSD 830 Series (Desktop)
HDD-1: WD Caviar® SE16 640 GB, SATA2, 16 MB Cache, 7200 RPM
HDD-2: SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 ST2000DL004 2TB 32MB Cache
Graphic: ATI Radeon HD 5850 ASUS EAH5850/G/2DIS/1GD5

Win 7 Ultimate 64-Bit / ESET NOD32 Antivirus 8.0 / Firefox 34 / Thunderbird 31
Spamihilator 1.6.0
Quellcore
Assistent
Assistent

Beta-Tester

Re: Spam gets forwarded to Mailclient, but no trace in Spami

Beitragvon Chactory » 24. Feb 2009, 22:52

Hi Quellcore!

Thank you for revising and rewriting your very helpful posting about this issue, delivering much insight about Spamihilator! :)

Regards, Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Chlala » 24. Aug 2009, 13:41

Hi
I resently reinstalled PC and upgraded office. Not Spamihilator doesn't show mails.
This above solution does not work for me. Office does not work if you change user.
Spamihilator works great with office XP but not with office 2003.
Tried change all kind of settings. In addition I have Windows XP.
Any help is greatly appreciated as I would love continue to use Spamihilator.
Thanks
Chlala
User
User

Beitragvon Chactory » 24. Aug 2009, 17:59

Hi Chlala!

Please follow this link, perhaps the posting may help to solve your problem.

Gruß, Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Chlala » 24. Aug 2009, 21:31

Thanks for your input but as I wrote earlier my Outlook 2003 does not allow to change the user to pop3server&username[&port]. If anyone knows a Outlook 2003 where it works please let me know how.

As for the other links, I did try some of it, but I think I'll just give up now since I already spend a lot of time trying to fix it. I know it will work if I go back to Office XP (it has been for years) but I don't want to downgrade.
Chlala
User
User

Beitragvon anbuva » 24. Aug 2009, 22:16

Hallo Chlala!

I can not understand the problem :? Spami works fine, together with Outlook 2000, XP, 2003 and 2007 and other versions like Thunderbird and Co.. Do you have the full rights on your system?

Regards
anbuva
anbuva
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Chlala » 27. Aug 2009, 13:39

Yup!
Chlala
User
User

Beitragvon Chactory » 27. Aug 2009, 21:37

Hello Chlala!

I'm afraid I can't help you more. Your answer to Anbuvas clue is far too short to be helpful in thinking forward. Apparently, the problem lies in your Office installation. Usually, you should be able to change your account settings in Outlook, except you miss the needed user rights or you have another deeper problem over there.

Regards, Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Häbsch » 1. Nov 2009, 19:06

Hallo Quellcore!

Besten Dank für Deine Hilfe!
Mal sehn, ob es besser wird.

Gruß
Häbsch

Hello, Quellcore,

thanks a lot for your help!
I wonder, weather it will definitely work.

Best regards
Häbsch
Häbsch
User
User

Zurück zu English Forum