Some messages are not recovered form Recycle bin

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

Beitragvon SCS » 2. Okt 2008, 10:07

They are marked with the arrow, but when I use my Outlook Express they do not show up.
I can see there contents in the Recycle bin.
I tried to un- and mark them again, no effect.

The recover mark can be placed after putting an email from Spam to Nonspam in Training area,
Or after adding a email to the friend list in the recycle bin.

Other emails are recovered correctly.
It seems all automatic Ebay reply emails are "blocked" in this way, but there others emails too.

This happens some time now. I first noticed it after updating to 0.9.9.43.

Is this a know bug? Can I correct something?
Is it possible that some filter blocks emails I try to recover?
Is there an other way to recover these encrypted emails?

Thanks
SCS
SCS
Power-User
Power-User

Re: Some messages are not recovered form Recycle bin

Beitragvon michel » 5. Okt 2008, 07:15

Hi!

Right-click them in the Recycle Bin and choose "Delete account information". This should help.

Sincerely,
Michel
Chuck Norris doesn't kill Spam. He uses Spamihilator! ;-)
michel
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon SCS » 6. Okt 2008, 08:19

That worked,
Thanks Michel!
SCS
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon PSullins » 18. Feb 2009, 00:52

I have same problem, only with Outlook, not OExpress. I hit the "Reset Account Information" which was suggested but did not help. The emails are still sitting in Recovery and not getting to my email client to work with. Pls help...

Peter Sullins
PSullins
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Chactory » 18. Feb 2009, 01:00

Hi PSullins!

Please give us some more detailed informations. Did you use Spamihilator already, or is this the first time you are using it? Did you already receive mails again? Because you have to receive them again for to give Spamihilator the possibility to transfer mails recovered from the recycle bin to Outlook Express. Do you remember how you have installed Spamihilator?

Regards, Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon PSullins » 18. Feb 2009, 23:29

Chactory...

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly...

I am long time user of Spamihilator, several years at least. This is first time I've ever had this problem. Now using Ver 9.9.44, Using Outlook, not Outlook Express. Installed by downloading latest version and following instructions. Have been receiving email continously automatically, but also ran manual 'SEND/RECEIVE' all to no avail. Things that don't get marked as spam come through just fine. Anything marked as spam (on Training Page) that I subsequently change to non-spam (becomes RESTORE in RECYCLE BIN) gets stuck on RECYCLE. Shows RESTORE on RECYCLE page but does not deliver the email.

Thanks again for your help, very much appreciated... I love Spamihilator, dumped every other Spam Killer I ever tried.

Peter Sullins
PSullins
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon PSullins » 18. Feb 2009, 23:42

Chactory...

Here is a .JPG capture of the RECYCLE BIN as it sits right now...

Thanks again...

Peter Sullins
Dateianhänge
RecycleBinCapture Feb18'09.jpg
JPG Capture of Recyle Bin Feb 18'09
RecycleBinCapture Feb18'09.jpg (125.93 KiB) 5175-mal betrachtet
PSullins
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Chactory » 19. Feb 2009, 10:24

Hi Peter,

first thanks for your friendly comments on Spamihilator!
Please control, if there is any file in the recycle directory.
Mostly "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\WIN_USER\Anwendungsdaten\Spamihilator\recycle".
Format like "2454842_115554_6992fa.recycle", open with notepad.

Regards, Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon PSullins » 20. Feb 2009, 02:17

Chactory...

Screen capture attached. There are several such files in the Recycle Directory. See the attached screen capture. Tried uploading .TXT file to this note as attachment ~ Msg "The Extension txt is not allowed". Also tried it as-is, same msg but with 'Recycle' instead of 'TXT'. If you've other email address I can use, I will send TXT & RECYCLE files as attachment.

Thanks again for all your help

Regards...

Peter
Dateianhänge
RecycleDir Feb19'09 #1.jpg
Contents of Recycle Directory
RecycleDir Feb19'09 #1.jpg (48.61 KiB) 5155-mal betrachtet
PSullins
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Chactory » 20. Feb 2009, 14:26

Hi PSullins!

Thanx for illustration the problem and for an example by mail.
The last item in the list of your first screenshot must be the .recycle-file you sent to me.
Now I can't figure out any other reason than user account control problems.
But that's not logical, because you used Spamihilator up to now without any problem ...
Please try the following:
Save the directories "training" and "recycle" under "..._old" and then delete them.
Restart Spamihilator.

Regards, Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Chactory » 21. Feb 2009, 11:56

Hi Peter!

Sorry for not explaining my idea a little bit better. I hoped that with this dodge, it might be possible to restore manually the mails out of the old recycle folder, and then quasi reset the Spamihilator folders by deleting them ...

Regards, Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon PSullins » 25. Feb 2009, 20:23

Chactory...

First, sorry for taking so long to get back to you... Working on big project for client.

Did as you suggested... Seemed to do mostly okay with items coming in as SPAM and then being reclassified to NON-SPAM. Those emails now seem to come through. However, the RECYCLE bin won't empty. When I hit the EMPTY BIN button, all items labelled as SPAM disappear. However, the ones to be RESTORED stay and won't go away. Some of the RESTORED items aren't actually being recovered.

Here's my process...

1) Review TRAINING bin. For those that are SPAM, either accept them as SPAM or reset them to NON-SPAM.
2) Put all NON-SPAM (including recovered items) as a Friendly Sender.
3) Hit the LEARN button - Screen clears of all items on the TRAINING bin. SPAM items move to RECYCLE bin. Everything changed to NON-SPAM also moves to RECYCLE bin with the little arrow showing. And there they sit.

Renamed & deleted the RECYCLE & TRAINING folders one more time... See what happens today.

Really appreciate your help... Will try to be more expeditious in responding frm now on...

Peter
PSullins
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Chactory » 27. Feb 2009, 01:26

Sorry, Peter, now I'm dawdling ...
For now, I still can't see the trick within ...
Perhaps there is something stuck and corrupted?
Please give still more details, e.g. your plugins.
Could Zaxons tips be helpful to you?
Regards, Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Quellcore » 1. Mär 2009, 23:21

PSullins hat geschrieben:When I hit the EMPTY BIN button, all items labelled as SPAM disappear. However, the ones to be RESTORED stay and won't go away.

This is intentional, at least that the messages to be restored stay in the recycle bin when you execute "Empty bin".
Of course they should disappear once they get transfered to your mail client, which obviously doesn't work in your case.
PSullins hat geschrieben:Some of the RESTORED items aren't actually being recovered.

Something must have gone wrong.
Do you still need those messages to be transfered to your mail client or would it be fine now to delete them :?:
If it's save to delete those messages that you originally intended to restore simply remove the restore-arrow for these messages by clicking the restore button again.
After that you should be able to delete them by by clicking on "Empty bin".
PSullins hat geschrieben:Here's my process...
3) Hit the LEARN button - Screen clears of all items on the TRAINING bin. SPAM items move to RECYCLE bin. Everything changed to NON-SPAM also moves to RECYCLE bin with the little arrow showing. And there they sit.

There is a misunderstanding about Spami's worklfow. All mails in the training area are in fact copies of the mails that Spami processed.
All mails going through Spami are either forwarded to your mail client ("Non-Spam" and "Unclassified") or saved in Spami's recycle bin (Spam).
This happens without any interaction in the training area. The mails in the recycle bin are already there before you learn in the training area.

Regards,
Quellcore
CPU:Intel Core i7-2700K Processor (@ 45*100 = 4500 MHz)
Board:ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3
Ram: 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series (4 x 4GB) DDR3 2133 (Timings 10-10-10-28 2T @ 1866 MHz)
SSD: Samsung 128GB 2.5-inch SSD 830 Series (Desktop)
HDD-1: WD Caviar® SE16 640 GB, SATA2, 16 MB Cache, 7200 RPM
HDD-2: SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 ST2000DL004 2TB 32MB Cache
Graphic: ATI Radeon HD 5850 ASUS EAH5850/G/2DIS/1GD5

Win 7 Ultimate 64-Bit / ESET NOD32 Antivirus 8.0 / Firefox 34 / Thunderbird 31
Spamihilator 1.6.0
Quellcore
Assistent
Assistent

Beta-Tester

mm.. thank you

Beitragvon Tibhaits » 18. Mai 2009, 19:51

hm.. thanks