Security errors using Spamhiliator & Thunderbird please help

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

Security errors using Spamhiliator & Thunderbird please help

Beitragvon be4con » 23. Nov 2007, 08:46

I've been using Spamhiliator with Thunderbird for several years now without any problems but recently my ISP (Sky) switched email servers and now uses TLS and SSL security.

I've followed all the directions they have given me to change the settings and everything is apparently OK, in that I can send and collect emails from all 6 of my email addresses and Spamihilator is still picking up spam.

However, I have started getting frequent (at least daily) security errors. Often these are recurrent to the point that having started to downloaded mail I have to abort and click "Get Mail" immediately again sometimes 3 or 4 times to download my mail.

By far the most common error I get is:
Error establishing an encrypted connection to localhost. Error code: -12217.

often together with:
Thunderbird received a message with incorrect Message Authentication Code. If the error occurs frequently contact the website administrator.

but I also get:
localhost has sent an incorrect or unexpected message. Error code: -12250.

I have disabled Spamihilator on my laptop and my wife's laptop and both of those are free of these error messages since I did so, so I have to conclude that this is a problem with the way Spamihilator is working rather than Thunderbird itself.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what might becausing these errors and how I can correct them I'd be extremely grateful.

Thanks
be4con
User
User

Re: Security errors using Spamhiliator & Thunderbird please help

Beitragvon knoedel » 23. Nov 2007, 14:25

The problems seems to occurr irregularily? The only idea I have is to try to set the timeout longer within Thunderbird and Spamihilator ...
knoedel

Beitragvon be4con » 24. Nov 2007, 10:43

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give that a try and see but I've a feeling it won't help. The errors often occur as soon as an attempt to download mail occurs without any appreciable delay.
be4con
User
User

Beitragvon be4con » 26. Nov 2007, 09:35

That hasn't made any difference. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks
be4con
User
User

Beitragvon Bill Gilliam » 20. Jun 2009, 18:48

first I can't read German But spamhiliator don't work in windows seven. It blocks nothing it worked fine in windows XP just as it said I would. I tried removing it and reinstalling it with the compatablity feathers of windows7 but it still blocks nothing and puts nothing in the spamihilator recycle bin.
I like it but it is useless in windows seven
Bill Gilliam

Beitragvon Chactory » 21. Jun 2009, 14:00

Hi Bill,

of course, I shouldn't really talk about this issue, because I don't obtain any possibility to test Windows 7. Nevertheless, I would like to ask you to tell us, wether it is a 32-bit or a 64-bit operating system. Please try to fix any other potential error in your e-mail client or installation. For this purpose read in the online help and in Anbuva's FAQ, for example.

Regards, Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Zurück zu English Forum