Forward to Spam Reporting Service

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

Forward to Spam Reporting Service

Beitragvon Gast » 12. Dez 2005, 07:41

Hi, does anyone know a plugin that will forward spam in Spamihilator trash to reporting services such as bluesecurity and spamcop?
Gast

Re: Forward to Spam Reporting Service

Beitragvon Bob Loeffler » 12. Dez 2005, 20:08

Hi emstone,

There isn't a plugin that currently does that, but we did talk about this in a couple other topics in the forum. Some people are against it because it adds even more mails to the internet which clogs up bandwidth. And we don't know if there are limits to the number of spams that SpamCop and other services will accept.

But, it was something that I was thinking about researching and maybe creating. I just haven't had time to do it yet. If another plugin programmer starts to create it, please let us all know so we don't waste time duplicating the effort. :-)

Regards,

Bob
English Spamihilator FAQ - Spamihilator questions and answers in English!
Author of these plugins and filters: Attachment Extensions Filter, Empty Mail Filter, HTML Links Filter, No Comment! Filter, Plain Text Links Filter, Scripts Filter, Unclassified Filter, Export Senders Plugin and Filter Statistics Plugin. See the details here!
Bob Loeffler

Forum-Team
Plugin-Programmierer

Beitragvon MontanaXVI » 26. Jun 2006, 02:14

Just bumping this up, asking again if anyone has created a plugin that will do this, especially with Spamcop.

I think that would be the easiest one to make a plugin for, since when you sign up for the account, you get your own address to send mail to that you wish to have the service analyze.

I have no kind of experience coding or making any plugins or I would do it myself, but think it would be a very good plugin that many people would support.

Shame the bluefrog service is dead, but Spamcop seems to be going strong.
MontanaXVI
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon MontanaXVI » 12. Sep 2006, 12:17

Hi MontanaXVI!

anyone interested or looking into this function still?

Bye
MontanaXVI
MontanaXVI
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Chactory » 12. Sep 2006, 13:29

Hi MontanaXVI,

no, unfortunately there is currently no such project within the Spamihilator community.

In Germany, there is a sort of foundation for protection of the rights of the conumers (Verbraucherzentrale). It's collecting spam mails, too.

Anyway, afaik there is a very little chance to uncover the origin of a spam mail.

Kind regards,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Cybergoat » 16. Nov 2012, 08:09

I notice that it is six years since this question was last discussed. Has anything changed? I am currently reporting spam to SpamCop, KnujOn and US Government. SpamCop does a great job of discovering the source IP sending spam, even when the spammer makes every effort to hide himself.

I am currently restoring spam from the Spamihilator Recycle Bin to my client (Thunderbird), and then reporting.

I believe that it is imperative to the fight against spam that we must report to those on the front lines of the battle.
Cybergoat
User
User

Beitragvon Chactory » 18. Nov 2012, 13:53

Hello Cybergoat!

Thank you for your encouraging input!

However, it is not Spamihilator's first duty, to take part of the world wide anti-spam fight. I think that Michel, the program author of Spamihilator, wanted to just deliver an anti-spam filter.

If there was someone to program such a filter-plugin, which would provide your ideas, he would accept it surely!

Regards,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon domik » 27. Apr 2013, 15:04

I can only support this. I posted something similar under "feature requests".

Currently I save spam desired to report to disk and attach it to an email to spamcop and knujon. Works but is somewhat nagging to do every day.

It would be completely sufficient to have the choice to make spamihilator let through all mail to the email client, only with spam mails marked in the subject line. This is how Spampal used to work. (Unfortunately, it conflicts with Avira.)

I then can easily let it be diverted to a special folder and from there forwarded as attachment.

So I have at least a little feeling to "hit back", because the providers are going to be listed in a black list and become more interested in keeping their house clean.

The absorbing capacity of spamcop is to be considered infinite. The additional bandwidth used up in the internet infrastructure is small in relation, as only a fraction of all spam will ever be reported and 50 % of all traffic is video anyway and the rest is shared between http and mail (and others).

Of course even more comfortable would it be to be able to open up an email in the email client, with mail address filled in, a desired mail account to be used and the chosen spam mails already attached. But this requires much more programming work, as there are a lot of email clients to be considered - and they even may change their api over time.

Or send an email from an internal client... anyway, any progress would be a progress.
domik
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Chactory » 29. Apr 2013, 09:51

Hello domik!

Thank you very much for your input.

As every one and then some experts ask for this feature, we will remind Michel Krämer, the program author of Spamihilator, for it.

Kind regards,
Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon wittonline » 7. Jul 2015, 05:31

Chactory hat geschrieben:Hello domik!

Thank you very much for your input.

As every one and then some experts ask for this feature, we will remind Michel Krämer, the program author of Spamihilator, for it.

Kind regards,
Chactory

This is such an important part of this whole process. I can't believe that Spami hasn't taken a SERIOUS look (or some programmer in the community) to develop a way to submit directly to at least Spamcop and KnujOn from Spami. It appears the request/interest goes back at least 6 years, maybe longer. I just found out about KnujOn and love it! I can just copy the days email from Spami msg folder, convert to .eml files, zip up and email KnujOn with the attachment! EZ peasy. Spamcop, unfortunately won't accept batch files so an addon button for at least one click submitting would be SOOO helpful!

I'd pitch in a little money to help out, and handle fundraising using an escrow service for anyone willing to take on the project.
wittonline
User
User

Zurück zu English Forum