Feature Request

For all users, who don't speak German!

Moderator: Forum-Team

Feature Request

Beitragvon Gast » 27. Sep 2005, 21:32

Hello,

GREAT PRODUCT! Works great!

I was hoping someone would consider something like the following: I use 2 computers to check my email. One from work and one from home of which both have spamhilator installed The one at work does not delete the email from the Pop3 server. The one at home deletes from the pop3 server. This way I always have the email at home. I was thinking it would be great to not have to train spamihilator on both machines. Maybe there is a way for the two machines to share the trained configuration. One way to do this would be via email. A plugin that would generate the trained data in an email that the other spamihilator would pick up and use to triain itself. This would be cool for other people with the same email traits to use someone else's already trained configuration too.

Just a thought.

Keep up the good work...

John
Gast

Re: Feature Request

Beitragvon Gast » 29. Sep 2005, 19:27

Another solution to this problem is to make spamihilator capable of running from a USB key. Then you can carry the USB back and forth and only train one instance. This would also solve the problem for those of us who are running portable thunderbird, portable firefox, portable everything.
Gast

Beitragvon Gast » 4. Okt 2005, 21:48

Anonymous hat geschrieben:Another solution to this problem is to make spamihilator capable of running from a USB key. Then you can carry the USB back and forth and only train one instance. This would also solve the problem for those of us who are running portable thunderbird, portable firefox, portable everything.

I have a similar situation, where i have 2 computers both accessing the same pop3 account. The way i got round it was to install a small personal mail server program on the main machine.

This automatically downloads from the POP3 account every 10 minutes, via Spami of course, which filters out all the spam.

It then holds the non-spam mail and can be downloaded using normal pop3 clients on each machine.

Obviously, this will only work if your server machine has a permanent internet connection

perhaps a similar function can be incorporated into Spami in the future, taking away the need to run third party server software
Gast

One more vote for a Portable version

Beitragvon Gast » 3. Jan 2006, 15:11

I spend a lot of time on the road and use Portable versions of my key software (OpenOffice.org, Firefox and The Bat! voyager email client).

I really need a portable anti-spam tool. Spami works fantastically but is not portable. This morning there were over 1000 spam in my work inbox. I am very glad I was not on the road today. I would have had to filter all that *^%$ by hand. Spami got 99%+ of it.

A portable version PLEASE!
Gast

Beitragvon KanuUli » 3. Jan 2006, 15:37

Hallo Gast!

Spamihilator is portable!

Only try it. It works fine on an USB-Stick.

The only thing, that spamihilator writes to the registry is the autostart entry an the path to the executable.

Settings are written to an ini file.

Only copy the Spamihilator programm folder to an usb stick.

Gruß
KanuUli
KanuUli
Kanu-Kapitän
Kanu-Kapitän

Forum-Team

Beitragvon chogo » 3. Jan 2008, 11:44

only Version 0.9.9.10 works as a portable version. 0.9.9.37 gives an error message.
chogo

Beitragvon Yves » 19. Jun 2010, 11:01

Version 0.9.9.53 works as a portable version as well (on XP Pro SP3). No error message yet.
It seems all two years there is a new message in this thread? :D
auf YAHOO findet ihr mich unter: Yves67St , oder YvesST67
Yves
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Beitragvon Chactory » 20. Jun 2010, 14:32

Hallo Yves!

Thank you for your comment. Could you explain a little more detailed, what you did?

Cheers, Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Yves » 20. Jun 2010, 14:57

Salut Chactory,

i did as KanuUli did: (Install Spamihilator on C:, then ...) Only copy the Spamihilator programm folder to an usb stick. In this case there are no Spamihilator-entries (for example the Spamihilator.ini) in Documents and Settings: all is in the Spamihilator-folder of your USB, like the installation on C:.

Other possibility is to install Spamihilator directly on the USB-drive-letter: in this case it creates Spamihilator-entries in the the Documents and Settings-folder, under Application datas, in All users and in Administrator (for example the Spamihilator.ini). Following this second way you do not have already Spamihilator installed on C:, because it will ask you first to uninstall Spamihilator there. When Spamihilator is not installed (any more) on C: it lets you install Spamihilator on the drive-letter of your USB.
But Spamihilator works well in both ways or cases.

Seen the fact that Spamihilator-entries are written in the Documents and Settings-folder, Spamihilator cannot be considered as a real portable program, but it is working - like the messenger Yahoo who shows the same behaviour as described above.

The advantage of such an installation is that if you need to format your drive C:, you won't loose important informations like the friends-ennemies-e-mail-adresses of Spamihilator (or the Yahoo-message-history), although there is the possibility to backup them in the Spamihilator-menu. The question is if you have enough time to create such a backup before your installations on C. are crashing, and if you make such a backup every day, although there is Acronis True Image ..

For my part i do not trust that much in filter-activities, for "Aggressivity" in the Spamihilator-menu i have chosen the position "Very High": only e-mails of my friends will enter on my machine, other e-mails will be deleted on the mailserver. And if there is a new e-mail from somebody who is not (yet) my friends, i can quickly decide wether to put him/her to my friendlist or not. Collection around 6,53 spam-mails each day, this is quickly done, and secure. :-)
Zuletzt geändert von Yves am 22. Jun 2010, 04:40, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Yves
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Beitragvon Chactory » 20. Jun 2010, 16:26

Thank you very much, Yves!
Kind regards, Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Yves » 22. Jun 2010, 04:35

I agree to chogo above: "only Version 0.9.9.10 works as a portable version".
I do not know if it is the "only" one, but it works perfectly as a portable version: it don't create any entries in Documents and Settings, but keeping all entries in C:\Program files.
If somebody is interested in that stable version, please go to http://www.filehippo.com/download_spamihilator/ - or http://www.filehippo.com/download_spamihilator/2237/ .
Yves
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Beitragvon anbuva » 22. Jun 2010, 09:31

Hallo Yves!

i agree with you :)

Regards
anbuva
anbuva
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon Yves » 22. Jun 2010, 21:53

Let me still remark that i have the impression that Spamihilator is asking less ressources (CPU/memory) when installed as portable application. In the past, when installed on harddrive C:, i let it run only when i would check my e-mails and closed it immediately after having done this - now, having installed it on harddrive H:, i can let it run all the time since having installed Spamihilator as portable application. This i appreciate very much. But how it comes?

How does Michel think about a new portable version?

By the way, i read there "English Forum - For all users, who don't speak German!"
I do speak german - so i'm wrong in this thread? ;)
What about "English Forum - For all english speaking users"?
Yves
Spam-Jäger
Spam-Jäger

Beitragvon Chactory » 22. Jun 2010, 22:03

Hallo Yves,

Yves hat geschrieben:I do speak german - so i'm wrong in this thread? ;)
you're wellcome -- in English or in German as well! :wink:

Kind regards, Chactory

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon anbuva » 22. Jun 2010, 22:13

Hallo Chactory!

Or mixed... :lol:

Gute Nacht