Email being blocked after installing spamihilator

Alles, was mit Spamihilator zu tun hat. (Keine Hilfe, Bugs oder Feature Requests, siehe jeweils dort.)

Moderator: Forum-Team

Email being blocked after installing spamihilator

Beitragvon colin1661music » 4. Jul 2015, 17:17

After installing this program I can't access one email account I get the attached error
Dateianhänge
2015-07-04 16_06_07-Training Area (Recently Received Messages) - Spamihilator.png
2015-07-04 16_06_07-Training Area (Recently Received Messages) - Spamihilator.png (9.69 KiB) 1887-mal betrachtet
colin1661music
Power-User
Power-User

Re: Email being blocked after installing spamihilator

Beitragvon Chactory » 5. Jul 2015, 15:07

Hi Colin!

colin1661music hat geschrieben:After installing this program I can't access one email account I get the attached error
Are you able to receive the e-mails with the other mail-accounts?

Then it should be easy for you to find the fault within the mail-account settings in the mail-client. Please open your mail-client's mail-account settings and check manually.

You may use the following screen-shots for understanding:

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

There is still a wonderful faq library from Bob:

http://www.peaktopeak.com/spamihilator/faq.php#faqP01

Kind regards,
Chactory
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon colin1661music » 5. Jul 2015, 16:11

Thanks for this, I usually tick "My outgoing server (SMPT) requires authentication" use same as incoming mail server. I will try and install spamihilator again and see if actually entering the "Log on using" information makes a difference.

I have 34 email address (I manage email for some of my clients), all of which work perfectly in outllook when spamihilator is not installed, this only seems to happen on one or two accounts.

You can imagine how much spam I get with all these email addresses.

I would really like to get this working I've tried a number of other spam filters but yours seems to be the best.
colin1661music
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Chactory » 5. Jul 2015, 16:57

You don't need to re-install Spamihilator! 8)

Please open the mail-account settings not working. Uncheck the item "use same data as incoming server for sending".

colin1661music hat geschrieben:I've tried a number of other spam filters but yours seems to be the best.
Thank you very much for your rating. :)
HilfeHelp «en»TippsAnbuva's FAQBob's FAQ «en»SpamwortlisteRegelfilterScreenshotsSSL/TLSSpami 1.6.0
Vostro 3450, Intel Core i5 2410M 2,3 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon colin1661music » 7. Jul 2015, 09:51

Hi,

I don't understand why entering user name and password isn't the same as using my outgoing server, but it seems to work.

I'm sure I saw a donation button on your site, but can't find it now, maybe you should include it on every page (nothing wrong with earning money).

I've been in the IT industry for 40 years and spend a lot of time looking for good programs and so glad to have come across your excellent program, I also use http://www.caelo.com/, I know them very well having used thier program for the past 10 years I will tell them about your program.

Have you thought about giving it a more modern look (see attachment).

I can't open the help, I get an error (http://wiki.spamihilator.com/doku.php), once i get to totally understand the program I will try and make some youtube instruction videos.

I use windows 7 Pro 64 bit and your program does not load on boot up. Once a day it stops working and I have to reboot my machine, to get it start receiving again, but it's a small price to pay for filtering my 500 spam emails.

If you can give me a link to the help, then I can probably get answers to some of my other questions.

One last thing, having to go to the system try everytime I want to get to setting is a pain!

Colin
Dateianhänge
spam.jpg
spam.jpg (213.8 KiB) 1858-mal betrachtet
colin1661music
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon colin1661music » 12. Jul 2015, 21:04

Hi,

Can anyone help regarding helf file?

wiki.spamihilator.com/doku.php - 500 - Internal Server Error
colin1661music
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Chactory » 13. Jul 2015, 21:34

In short: a brief help, so far, and some screen-shots, at least.

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Beitragvon colin1661music » 13. Jul 2015, 21:45

Thanks, I've got it setup and working, I was hoping to get some help on how best to use it and what the work flow should be. I'm still checking all the mails in the learner, which whilst quicker than checking them all in outlook. I'm sure the program should now be doing the checking now after checking 5000 email.
colin1661music
Power-User
Power-User

Beitragvon Chactory » 15. Jul 2015, 21:31

colin1661music hat geschrieben:I've got it setup and working
Very good! :)

If you like to learn about the filter sequence, you may want tor read Zaxon's contribution.

If you want to tune-up the filtering a little bit, you may use my rule-filter rules. They are not complicated, but useful.

1. Absender-Topleveldomain unerwünscht = keeps away mails from countries with unwanted sender top-level domains.
2. Charset-Regel = filters mails with typical character sets from junk-mail senders.
3. Blue pills im Absendernamen = sieves out some specific blue-pills junk, uses regular expressions to discover hidden or variated writings.
4. Spamwörter im Absendernamen = sorts out mails containing some specific spam-words in the sender name or address.

You just need to copy the rule-filter .db file into the rule-filter folder: C:\Users\Chactory\AppData\Roaming\Spamihilator\plugins\rulefilter.
Go into the Spamihilator settings. Check the rule-filter settings. If needed, change details within the rules.

A very helpful tipp has been written by Quellcore about the reasons why mails can just seem to be lost.

Bild
Chactory
Administrator
Administrator

Administration
Beta-Tester
Forum-Team

Zurück zu Allgemein